{ Chapter 20 }

hi guys this is such a long chapter and i've had it ready for days but i just couldn't bring myself to sit down and edit it. anyway, i managed to (halfass) edit it. i wanted to get it out to yall bc i'm going to be gone until Friday. sooo...enjoy. comment lots plz. yall know i love it when you do. <3

Saturday comes around and I'm panicking just a bit. I'm going to meet Cam's family today and I don't know what to even say. But more importantly, I don't even know how I'm going to get there. Nola and Jorja are working and my mother is at Arya's field hockey practice. That means the last person to ask is...

"Can I please use your car?" I beg Bellamy with my fingers tangled together and my lower lip puckered out like a baby. "I want to go see Cam."

My older sister eyes me curiously from her spot on the couch. "What time will you be back?" She tugs at a piece of her long, dark brown hair and I try to do the math.

He told me to get there at around 3:00 but I'd imagine we're not eating until about 6. Is an hour enough for a family dinner? Maybe two? "9." That's a good estimate right. She pushes a breath through her lips and shakes her head.

"I have a date at 6..." I let out a long sigh. Now I have to cancel or see if he can come pick me up. My sister sees the expression on my face and taps my forehead with her popcorn butter ridden finger. "Tell you what, I can drop you off and I'm sure one of us can pick you up. Where does he live again?"

"Queensburg." She cringes and I assume it's because of the distance. "He said to get there around three."

"That's forty five minutes away." She looks at her phone and nods at me. "We'll have to leave in a half hour." It's 1:13.

"We're going to be early," I mumble in hopes that she'll push it back at least ten minutes.

"Either you're early or you don't go," she concurs as she places a piece of popcorn in her mouth. I let out a loud sigh as I rush to my room to put on my makeup. Last night, Jorja helped me pick out an outfit, seeing as she's the only one of us that's ever made it far enough to meet someone's parents. She picked out a white turtleneck sweater and a pair of nice, unripped jeans. I made the decision of wearing my boots to protect my feet from the cold weather and layer of hardening snow on the ground.

Once I'm in the car with Bellamy, I feel my nerves getting the best of me. Not only are we leaving extremely early but we're also driving nearly fifteen over the speed limit. I'm so stressed about not getting into an accident that I don't even have time to worry about what I'm going to say at dinner. When we pull up to the large house, I feel my heart drop to my ankles.

"Oh shit," Bellamy hisses as she cranes her neck to examine the large house. This is where he lives? I assess the modern gray home and my gaze falls upon the driveway, where I discover his familiar car. He definitely lives here. "He's rich."

I give a weak shrug as I look at the time. It's barely past 2:30. "I'm scared," I admit quietly and my sister nudges me.

"You're going to do fine. If he's as sweet as you say he is, his parents are probably just as nice," Bellamy insists. "Now hurry up so I can get back and get ready."

I grunt a quiet thank you before getting out of the car and approaching Cam's house; now that I'm standing in front of it, I can tell that its double the size of mine. They definitely give out full sized candy bars, that's for sure. After letting out a shaky breath, I raise my fist up and knock on the glass double doors twice. I hear a series of shouts and one of the doors swings open quite violently. I half expect one of Cam's dads to be standing there but I'm left staring into a rather fancy house.