{ Chapter 21 }

hi guys it's been a while. if you're reading this, i'd like to say thank you for sticking around. my life has just been all over the place lately; my mom is sick and i'm struggling in school (6 classes, leadership position, and volunteering woohoo) but i'm persisting. i know this one took a while to get out but here it is! i'm going to try to update regularly but no promises, but i can at least say i probably won't have anymore impromptu 4 month gaps. next, my goal is to update for poison. anyway, i hope you guys understand and still appreciate the story as it is.

what chapters do you guys want to see? this will help me draw more inspiration to write more so please let me know.

"You're literally the biggest cheater ever," Cameron announces as he all but throws his controller at me. Realistically, he tosses it onto the cushion between us with enough force to bounce it into my lap. I watch with a raised brow as he fumes silently on the other side of the sofa.

"Are you done?" He glares back at me and I don't let the smile on my face waver. "You're just mad because you suck and I don't."

"You were doing the same two moves over and over. That's cheating, Felicity." My head tilts at the use of my full name.

"You knew the two moves I was doing but didn't learn to counter them in the thirty rounds we played." He grabs a pillow and tosses it at me. I manage to dodge it and cackle loudly at him. "Are you mad?"

"Shut up." He watches me with narrowed eyes as I inch closer to him.

"What, you've never lost a game before?" I continue to move toward him but just before I can hug him, he gets off the couch.

"Don't touch me." I can tell he's playing by the slightly teasing look on his face. "I don't associate with cheaters."

I get off the couch and follow after him. He tries and succeeds at dodging me until we're on opposite sides of the couch. He tries to go one way but I shift similarly. This happens for a few times until I decide to just leap over the couch. Laughter fills the room as I land with a thud on the floor and he kneels over beside me, unable to keep in his giggles.

Before I can swat at him, the sound of his door opening is followed with his father's voice. "Felicity, can you come upstairs? I want to show you where you're sleeping tonight." Cam helps me get to my feet, where I lightly shove him away from me before starting up the steps with him in tow.

"Why can't she just sleep downstairs with me?" Cam watches his father with a slightly hopeful grin. Immediately, his father shakes his head.

"Nope," Joe announces. Before Cam can try to further press, Joe shakes his head. "I don't care how old you are Cam or what you do when you're at school. You're under my roof and if I said she's sleeping upstairs then she's sleeping upstairs."

Cam gives his dad a teasing grin as he holds up his hands. "Fine, fine, she'll sleep up here." He slowly shakes his head as his father opens the door to the guest bedroom.

"There are towels in the linen," cue a point across the hall, "and I'm sure Cam would be more than happy to give you something to wear." Cam gives a strong nod as he props himself outside of the guest bedroom.

"Now can we go back downstairs?" Cam prompts his father with a raised brow. His father narrows his eyes at him before turning towards his own bedroom. When I return my slightly annoyed gaze to Cam, I find that he's grinning at me. "Want to make cookies?"

I grab his shoulders and guide him downstairs with my annoyance dissipating with every step. We reach the kitchen and he immediately opens the sweets cabinet, which is up rather high in what I consider a block to True. Even I need a chair to grab it. He manages to snag cookie mix and tosses it onto the counter. After I give him a doubtful look, he sighs and grabs a mixing bowl from under the sink.