05 | Field Trip

╔══════════════════╗

ADVENTURES IN BABYSITTING
v. FIELD TRIP

╚══════════════════╝

  RILEY STARK HAD NEVER been so convinced in her life of something; that today was going to be a good day

  RILEY STARK HAD NEVER been so convinced in her life of something; that today was going to be a good day. She was absolutely, 100% positive that nothing could ruin her day and nothing was going to go wrong. Not only was today Friday, but today was also the day of her English class field trip to MoMA. Riley had been through hell just two days before, but this? This was something she had been looking forward to for an entire week and nothing was going to ruin her day.

   She was thankful that she didn't have to show up to school until around 8:00 AM to get on the bus. She stood in her kitchen at around 7:30, chugging down a glass of orange juice, when JOCASTA suddenly wondered aloud, "Miss Valor, would you like to hear a joke?"

   Placing the glass down, Riley shrugged. "Sure, why not?"

  "Why did the girl stare at the carton of orange juice? It said concentrate!"

   Making a quiet scoffing sound of amusement, Riley shook her head and admitted, "That's awful, but I'm definitely going to steal it." She pulled out her phone from her back pocket and opened up her messages.

o o o o'riley auto parts
why did the girl stare at the
carton of orange juice?

o o o o'riley auto parts
it said concentrate

pita bread parker
LOL is that joke about u

o o o o'riley auto parts
bitch

pita bread parker
i kid i kid!

pita bread parker
see u at school!

   She was seconds away from texting back a reply saying something along the lines of how she was going to kick his ass for his comment, but to her dismay, she was interrupted.

  "Incoming call from Tony Stank," announced JOCASTA. "Would you like to answer?"

   Riley snickered at how JOCASTA just called him "Tony Stank."

   She simply replied, "I've got it, thanks JO!" Then, she pressed the green answer button on the screen while grabbing her backpack (which was full of snacks, of course). She exited the condo, having JOCASTA lock the door behind her in the process. "What's up, Tony?"

  "Morning, Tink. You sound well-rested," greeted Tony. "Could it be because you ditched your mother and I's family morning run to go on a field trip? You know, you missed out on the story about this dream I had last night. It felt so real. It was about—Actually, you know what? You don't deserve to know."