08 | Little Bear

╔══════════════════╗

ADVENTURES IN BABYSITTING
viii. LITTLE BEAR

╚══════════════════╝

   IF RILEY STARK WAS being entirely honest, she had absolutely no idea what to expect when Thanos teleported her off of Titan

   IF RILEY STARK WAS being entirely honest, she had absolutely no idea what to expect when Thanos teleported her off of Titan. She had been so shaken up that she basically had no time to think. Wasn't that such a strange thought; to think that you have no time to think?

   Hearts pounding, hands sweating, and tears threatening to drip from her eyes no thanks to the distress Thanos had instilled, Riley really only knew two things that were certain:

   Firstly, Thanos was far more powerful than she had realized.

   Secondly, Riley was definitely falling from the sky.

   The wind shot through her, stealing her screams as she plummeting down from the atmosphere onto foreign land. She continued to shout bloody murder, her throat shredding itself apart until her body smacked into a clear forcefield of some sort. It was then when she realized that all of her energy had been sapped entirely and her distress was permanent. That seemed to be when she fell unconscious, but not before sliding off of the forcefield and onto the ground in an exhausted state.

   When Riley finally regained consciousness, she was laying on a hospital bed. The air conditioner blasted throughout the snow-white room. The ceiling, the walls, even the metal bed had some form of white on them. Directly ahead of the teenager was a large window that allowed light to silently seep into the room filled with various machines that were beyond the average person.

   Stretching out her limbs, she had been expecting to wince at the sensation of contusions and pulled muscles. But there was nothing of the sort. No bruises, no injuries. It was like nothing had happened... like the entire past day was wiped from existence. All she had was a mild headache and a dry throat. How was it possible?

   Riley slowly sat up, cautious of any surprise injuries. She looked around and observed every detail of her surroundings. She shifted her position, allowing her feet to skim the floor. Her confusion grew when she realized that she was wearing her normal clothes — the ones that she had been wearing underneath her Valor suit. When she reached for her silver cuffs, her heart dropped. They were gone.

   Worry blossomed within her, but she remained calm. She was trained for anything, even if "anything" made absolutely no sense. She could use her powers perfectly fine without her suit, sure, but she had been hoping to use it to contact JOCASTA and figure out where she was.

   She stealthily began to make her way through the room she was in. She looked out the window, finding numerous people outside wearing matching, traditional-looking clothing. Because she was unable to make out their faces or recognize the outside world, she decided to move on.