17 | Whatever It Takes

╔══════════════════╗

ADVENTURES IN BABYSITTING
xvii. WHATEVER IT TAKES

╚══════════════════╝

  LUCK IS ASTONISHINGLY TEMPORARY

  LUCK IS ASTONISHINGLY TEMPORARY. It's something we, as humans, long for no matter the scenario. Achieving an A on that test you knew nothing about, getting picked for a job out of a tight pool of people, hoping that pretty girl from your English class will let you take her out on a date; it's all a matter of luck that shifts your future. It's not something that's easily feasible, but once you have it, it's easy to lose sight of it. After all, one's luck can vanish as quickly as they gain it. However, some people were so lucky that they never had to worry about this. Morgan Stark was one of those people.

   Morgan was too young to understand that she wasn't like other children. Sure, she had two parents and a big sister who loved her, a sturdy home, and all other things that would make her privileged; however, when you get into the specifics, Morgan was far luckier than other kids.

   For example, Morgan's father was Iron Man, one of the original Avengers, and underneath the suit, he was Tony Stark. Whether his mask was on or off, Tony was one of the bravest and most intelligent men alive who fought for Earth on a multitude of scales. Morgan's mother was Pepper Potts, a self-made businesswoman who helped change the face of Stark Industries forever. Morgan's big sister was Riley Stark, otherwise known as Valor, the youngest and arguably one of the strongest Avengers since the age of 11. Some of Morgan's uncles included War Machine, Happy Hogan, and Captain America. Meanwhile, some of Morgan's aunts included Black Widow and Nebula.

   Sometimes, even Riley was jealous of her little sister before realizing they were all her family, too.

   Yet strangely enough, out of all these people, Morgan had decided that Riley was the only Avenger she cared about (which totally hurt Tony's ego, but it made him feel better knowing Morgan had not one, but two strong women to guide her through life).

   "Woah! Catch this!"

   Riley laughed at her little sister's impressed reactions. They had been going at it like this for the past hour or so. Morgan was incredibly fascinated by Riley's powers in every single aspect. The idea of invisibility, forcefields, and being able to hold the sun's energy in your hands was arguably the coolest thing Morgan had ever seen in her short life thus far.

   The Stark sisters sat outside by the lake, the long blades of grass tickling their skin. Morgan was running around in search of things she could throw in the air for Riley to catch with her forcefields. A subtle wind kissed their cheeks as the sun blazed overhead.

   Riley leaned back on her hands, beaming. Her focus was being split between her especially amused sister and the spherical forcefield she had constructed around one of the Morgan's toys. She was thankful that Morgan was acting as a motivator for Riley to practice using her powers freely. In the past month, she had stopped training as much and only used them when she really felt like it.