True Feelings

"I heard Theon talking to Robb about you again," You try not to roll your eyes at the Queen's words, but the mention of Theon Greyjoy was not something you cared to think about that morning. The heir to the Iron Islands had been hitting on you since the day you met...and that was nearly a decade earlier when you were only twelve name days old. From his cocky grin and arrogance to his handsome features, you knew Theon's reputation better than most. You knew of all the Stark House servants he had bedded and you knew of all his late night visits to the brothels. He wasn't the type of man a legitimized daughter to the late King Robert of House Baratheon and the niece to the King of the Southron Kingdoms Stannis Baratheon should spend her time with.

"My Queen, Lord Greyjoy only wants one thing from me...and it isn't patchings of his cloak." You had never feared holding your tongue with the Queen in the North, Jeyne of House Westerling. She had been a dear friend since you two met, practically sisters. Although it wasn't Lady like to speak of such things, it wasn't rare for you two to openly talk of things like sex. Especially since she had birthed the King in the North three sons and was carrying a fourth.

"y/n,!" she giggles looking at you as if your comment was so unlike you "We mustn't say such things, it is not proper." But then she leans over and whispers softly "He spends far too much time talking about you and watching your every movement to just want that my friend."

"You are mistaken, Jeyne." You smile giving her hand a small pat "I am off to pick some new flowers for your bedchambers, the others had to be thrown out last night."
You place a kiss to her head before grabbing a small basket from next to the door and stepping out into the hall. The Great Keep was never quiet. Day in and day out there were servants and guards running this way and that. From above you can hear the sounds of Prince Rickon, who had just reached his tenth name day, yelling for his direwolf Shaggydog and from below you can hear the sounds of Princess Arya who had returned from Braavos the night before. As you head for the stairs, you can't help but laugh at the sight of six year old Prince and heir to the North Eddard trying his best to get away from Maester Luwin.

"Ned, must I tell your Mother that you are not studying?" You ask kneeling down in front of the boy who looks like his Grandfather and name sake. Brushing a hand through his hair and down his cheek you add "Or should I find your Grandmother Cat and tell her?"
His eyes widen and he stops fidgeting immediately "Family, Duty, Honor." His eyes dart to the Maester who nods and ask "And what of their sigil?" You share a small smile with the Maester before beginning your way down the stairs and out of earshot of Eddard's answer.

"Princess," several servants bow as you pass and you give a smile and a nod of acknowledgement as you head for the great wooden doors that lead out into the court yard.
The flowers are in the glass gardens placed in the corner of Winterfell. You take the stairs up onto the bridge that leads to the armory and smile brightly toward your half-brother Gendry who is hard at work making what looks to be a Warhammer. Leaving the armory you slip into the guards hall, slip past the North gate, and into the godswood. Although you kept faith with the New Gods, the godswood never frightened you as it did some. You felt just as much comfort there amongst the trees as you did in the sept. Through the trees, the top of the glass building comes into view and you smile practically able to smell the fruits and vegetables and the flowers that grow there year round.

"A Lady should never walk the trees alone," is the first thing he says to you as you step inside.
"What are you doing here?" you ask eyeing the apple and knife in his hands
He flashes that arrogant smile of his and says, with his usual air of ease, "I was praying,"
"You don't follow the old gods, Greyjoy, you are ironeborn which means you worship the drowned god." You eye him a second longer before turning and heading for the back of the building.