14.0

Harry woke up to the sound of the second period bell.

He quickly got up and started moving about the classroom. He pulled up his pants and tightened his belt. He let his over shirt hang loose, but tucked in his under shirt. He really didn't want his students thinking he had worn the same thing two days in a row. He was really wishing he thought of bringing his toothbrush; gum would have to do for now. He fixed his hair by using the front camera on his phone and then pulled out his books for today's teachings.

Kids started to enter the classroom and Harry smiled; putting on his mask for the day. No body needed to know what happened last night.

Louis sat next to the blonde haired boy, Niall was his name, but Harry tried not to look in that direction, "Alright, in all honesty I have nothing planned for today. So how about we do some poetry or free writing? You all can write anything you wish in any format, just make sure to turn it in at the end of class," Harry smiled as his students got to work. 

He was surprised by how silent they all were this morning.

"Who is it, though?" Niall whispered to Louis.

"I'm not going to tell you," Louis replied, just as quiet.

Harry decided to interrupt, "Are we working here?"

"Yes, Mr. Styles," Niall assured. He rolled his eyes at Louis.

"Well, how about we do a bit more working and a little less talking then?"

"Alright, Mr. Styles," Niall replied again. Harry walked towards his desk and put on his reading glasses to start grading papers, "Does he ever lighten up?"

"Eh, he's pretty cool."

"Pretty cool? He's such a stickler. But whatever. I guess you have have your own opinion."

"Oh, just get to work. We'll talk later."

The class had come to an end and Louis made sure not to make eye contact with Harry as he left. He instead took Niall's hand in his and walked out, feeling pretty damn awesome when he knew Harry was glaring at their entwined fingers.

Niall and Louis spent the rest of the day together. They sat next to each other in every class. They ate lunch together. They walked down the halls together. They did everything together. And when Louis saw Harry in the hallway, he turned towards Niall and simply faked a smile of affection. Harry noticed and hung his head as he trudged back to his room.

Louis showed up in Harry's room after school, waving to someone before he sat in his seat and waited for his teacher's instructions.

"Just start off by doing the homework assigned for tonight," Harry spoke from his own seat. His focus was on the papers in front of him. However, he was only trying to get his mind off the boy that was sitting not even ten feet away.

Louis finished the assignment quickly and set it in front of Harry, "Done," he said and he sat on top of a nearby desk, biting his lip as Harry graded it.

"It's alright."

Louis looked at him, "Alright? That's it? You're not going to tell me what to improve on or give me a lesson or anything?"

Harry sat his reading glasses on the surface of the desk and rubbed his temples, "Louis, I can't right now. I should have told you that I didn't want to meet with you today."

"Oh, and why's that?" Louis pushed.

"I'd rather not say, okay?" Harry's voice suddenly rose and he went to say sorry, but Louis was already shaking his head as if saying 'don't even try.'

"Whatever. I'll see you later," Louis grabbed his things, but stopped at the door momentarily. He was going to say something, but decided not to, so he stormed out, shutting the door behind him.

Show him what he's missing out on.

God, I hope this works.

---

Thanks so much for all of your support for this story! I think the updates will slow down this week as I do have this thing called school and it sucks the life out of me. I'll try to update Tuesday night! :) -M

DEDICATED TO: @hipsterharold for being an amazing person! :)

PERSONAL-ISH QUESTION: What is your LEAST favorite food?

STORY QUESTION: Do you think Louis' having second thoughts about 'dating' Niall?