42.0

Louis groaned from his seat, tossing his Rubik's Cube onto his desk. "What seems to be the problem now?" Harry questioned, closing the classroom door.

"What's the point in filling out college applications? I mean, seriously, these things cause me too much stress and I cannot handle it. And an essay! What the hell are you going to learn about me from a five-paged, typed, double-spaced essay describing my hopes and dreams?" Louis added after a deep breath, "bullshit. Just bullshit. And most of the time you get a freaking 'sorry, but you weren't accepted into your dream college. Screw you,' letter and, ugh, I just freaking hate this." 

Harry chuckled, "Lou, this is all about growing up. I know that you probably don't like it; hell, I hated writing my freaking applications, but you gotta do it. And I know you, I know that you'll get into whatever college you want. Those bastards will be knocking on your front door begging you to come to their university to play ball."

Louis frowned, "no they won't."

"God, would you stop being such a Debby Downer? Here, I'll help you," Harry offered.

"No, it's okay. I got this."

"Louis, I can see that you only have one sentence written for your essay. Please let me help you."

Louis complained as Harry squeezed into the same seat as him, but laughed once Harry started to leave kisses on his cheeks, "just let me help you, please baby?"

Louis rolled his eyes, "I suppose so, since you won't back off unless there was a tickle war that I would win."

"Please, you never win our tickle wars."

"I could if I tried."

"If you tried. Come on, just let me help you with this, Lou."

Louis gave up and let Harry read the assigned prompt and his list of ideas (which was almost nothing at all). Harry then began to help him create a list of ideas he could incorporate into the essay, however they had made a deal that Harry would kiss Louis for every idea he came up with on his own.

Harry let Louis begin to write out his first draft as he played on his phone, still sitting right next to Louis. They went by a few minutes like that, the silence growing too heavy for Louis who finally decided to speak up.

"Zayn talked to me the other night." Harry stopped his game of Candy Crush and looked at Louis, waiting for him to explain, "It was after the game last week. I went to change and he was there," Louis sighed, "Harry, I think there's something else you should know about Zayn. He's...He's persistant. He hates losing and I think that you and I dating makes it seem that you won something that he should have." 

"Well, I did win. I've fallen in love with someone who's absolutely amazing, he should be jealous."

"It's...It's not that. He almost lost me once before. When he started getting distant, I was getting closer to Niall and then he became super clinging Zayn. He's possessive. He thinks that if you date him, you're his and you can't be anyone else's, even if you break up. That's just the type of person he'll always be, I guess."

"He didn't hurt you, did he?"

"No, no, he wouldn't do that. If he still likes me, he wouldn't do that. If he still cared, which I think he does, then he wouldn't hurt me. He'd only ever hurt me if he felt threatened. He doesn't even really understand that he hurt me when we broke up. He doesn't get it. He thinks that hurt is physical, at least I think so from just getting to know him."

Harry let out a sigh, "please tell me that that's it. There isn't anything more to this whole Zayn thing, because I'm dangerously close to losing my shit again, Louis."