Chapter 4

"Little town, it's a quiet village. Every day like the one beforeeeeee," Erica sang, her curls bouncing around her as she spun around in her bedroom, making her bed after opening her windows to let the warm summer air in on the Sunday morning. "Little town, full of little people, waking up to sayyyyy...."

"BONJOUR!" Chris sang while opening the window and poking his head out.

Erica laughed and walked over to her open window, leaning her forearms against the windowsill and leaning her head out while looking at Chris across the space between their homes, "I told you that you were the ridiculous one."

"Well I don't think I ever disagreed with you, I just told you that you were ridiculous also," Chris' broad shoulders filled up most of the window he leaned out of. "Besides, you can't expect me not to join in when you're singing Disney, I mean, c'mon!"

"That is true," She shone a smile at him that made his knees go weak.

Chris thought about the day ahead of him and told Erica, "Hey I'm going to go with my sister and my Ma and take the kids to a pool today but I'll be back tonight... want to go try that new Chinese restaurant?"

"Yeah I'd love to!" She told him right as she heard a familiar truck pull up to her house and told him, "Oh I have to go, but have fun! Tell Lisa hi and I'll see you tonight!"

Chris waved at her before she poked her head back into her bedroom and then hurried down the stairs. She whipped open her front door right as a familiar grey haired man was about to knock. Erica squealed before throwing her arms around his neck and hugged him tight, just as she did as a little girl.

"Uncle Dave!" She buzzed. "Oh I'm so glad to see you!"

"Hey squirt," The good natured man chuckled, wrestling away from her hug and ruffling up her messy curls, making her laugh. "You know, you really need a boyfriend or something. You shouldn't be this excited to see an old man that you saw like a week ago."

"I have a boyfriend, he's right there," Erica pointed at the fluffy golden retriever lounging on the nearby carpet.

Dave gave his niece a skeptical look and told her, "Yeah you really need to get out more."

"Just shut up and show me the desk you brought me," She playfully gave him a light push.

He laughed while walking out to his truck and pulled the small desk out of the bed of his truck and carried it into Erica's garage. Jacky had come out to sniff around the garage full of furniture projects that she was working on while Erica and her uncle put the new piece down right in the middle.

"Okay, so I'm thinking we build a shelf on the bottom, then put some cool knobs on it, what do you think?" Erica questioned while sitting down on the cement floor and looked at the piece of furniture.

"Yeah I think that's good. Let's get it all sanded first though," He said while tossing her a piece of sand paper before sitting down on the opposite side.

While they both got to work sanding, Dave commented to his niece, "So how is it going living next to Mr. Movie Star?"

"It's been really great actually. We've become friends and it's so nice for Jacky to have Dodger to play with," She told her uncle, wiping her dusty hands off on her black ripped jeans.

"I watched Captain America last night because I was curious and as the ladies would say, that Chris is quite the eye candy," He wiggled his eyebrows, making Erica laugh before rolling her eyes.

"Yeah he's handsome," She plainly replied.

"That's it? Just he's handsome? You have that hottie living next to you and all you can say is he's handsome?" The goofy man couldn't help but tease his niece. "Most girls would pay money to live next to a sexy movie star."