Chapter 28

Erica took a deep breath before looking at her appearance in the mirror. It was funny seeing her reflection. Normally looking back in the mirror was a casual outfit of a band tee shirt tucked into some ripped jeans with her curls hanging around her face but tonight was much different.

She saw her frame covered in a black slip dress that provided so much contrast to her pale skin. Thin straps held the dress over her smooth shoulders and a slit started at about mid thigh and ended at her ankle. Chris' stylist had picked out multiple dresses for her to wear but Erica had instantly chosen this sleek black one and Chris had quickly agreed, knowing this looked so much like her.

Chris' stylist, Stephanie, had finished getting Erica's makeup done with a smokey eye and pulled her hair back in an elegant twist and smoothed her straight across bangs to finish off the look. As they were finishing, Chris came to stand in the doorway to the bathroom.

"Alright Steph, I think I got everything," Chris said, smoothing down his suit after finishing putting his watch on.

"Cufflinks?" She asked.

"Got 'em," He showed her before she came over and smoothed down his hair.

Erica turned and looked at him, his hunky frame standing there in a beautiful black Gucci suit. It outlined his broad shoulders and long narrow legs. The white shirt he had on and a black bow tie created a classically handsome look but Erica swore Chris could have worn anything and it would have looked good on him. His beard was freshly cleaned up and his hair was neatly swooped back, only allowing more of his gorgeous face to show.

"You look so handsome Chris," She told him honestly.

"What about you? Erica, you look stunning!" He buzzed, coming over to kiss her cheek, careful not to mess up any of her makeup. "God, I can't believe I'm going to be walking down the red carpet next to you..." Chris trailed off, looking her up and down, unable to pry his blue eyes from her.

"I can't believe I'm going to be walking down a red carpet at all!" Erica laughed loudly.

Before the couple could go on any farther, Stephanie piped in and said, "Alright, it's time to go. Now Erica, are you still determined to wear those shoes? I brought a beautiful pair of gorgeous Louboutin heels for you."

"Nope! I got these!" Erica smiled, holding up her black leather sneakers that she brought.

"I can't believe you're wearing sneakers," Stephanie shook her head.

Chris just smiled, loving how unafraid Erica was to be herself and put an arm around her waist, letting his hand come to rest on her hip as he said, "Now Steph, she wouldn't be sporty spice if she didn't add the sneakers in!"

"That's right!" Erica laughed, leaning up to kiss Chris' cheek before she slipped on her shoes before they were off.

The entire way, Erica was fairly silent which was extremely unusual for the jovial talkative woman. Chris looked over at her and saw her biting at her plump lower lip covered in a deep red lipstick while she stared out the window.

He reached his big hand over, gently wrapping hers up in his, causing her to turn and look at him. She watched his blue eyes arch while giving her a sweet closed mouth smile before asking, "Nervous?"

"I'm good," She lied to him with a fake smile that he spotted instantly.

"Tell me the truth," He gave her hands a soft squeeze before playing with her engagement ring that was on her left hand.

Erica let a soft sigh out of her red lips and told him, "I'm kind of nervous."

"Me too," Chris told her. "I always get nervous before these things but I feel so much better having you by my side."