Chapter 34

A wide smile spread across Chris' lips when he pushed to door open to his mother's house while he brought his nephews home from school. They quickly ran inside and dumped their backpacks off and went into the kitchen to get a snack. What made Chris smile though was the sight that he came across when he opened the door.

In the living room he found both of his sisters and Erica laying on the floor looking through some wedding magazines. They all were laying on their stomach's and Erica had her feet up in the air and her ankles crossed while she rocked them back and forth gently. Her hand was propping up her adorable face and he loved seeing her laying in-between his sisters while they all gushed.

"Oooh that's pretty Erica, look at that table setting," Carly pointed to a photo on the page of the magazine.

"That's so pretty and look how she has her hair done," Erica buzzed. "I still have no idea what I want my hair to be like... although I have no idea what kind of dress I want either."

Chris leaned against the doorframe, watching the little scene play out from behind the girls who were unaware of his presence. His mother had been in the kitchen getting the boys a snack but had since finished and when she walked down the hall, she saw Chris in the doorway to the living room. She knew what he was watching and Lisa rubbed his back and leaned against his shoulder while he wrapped an arm around her.

"They've been there all afternoon working on stuff for the wedding," Lisa softly told Chris.

"I'm so glad that Erica gets along so well with everyone. That means so much to me," Chris watched them with so much love in his eyes.

"She's the perfect fit in our family," Lisa rubbed his back. "And she's the perfect fit for you. You two have the most beautiful connect and I love seeing you two together."

Chris leaned his head against his mother's and watched while Stella wandered into the room. She got a kiss from her mom before Stella sat her little body down on Erica's back and put her tiny hands on top of Erica's curly brown hair and then put her chin on top.

"Stella do you think that Auntie Erica would pretty in a dress like this?" Shanna asked the little girl while pointing to a picture.

"Yeah!" The little girl nodded happily.

"Well guess what Stella? You're going to get to wear a pretty white dress too because you're going to be my flower girl!" Erica turned her head to smile at her, making the little girl squeal with delight.

"I think you should try on some dresses like this, Erica," Carly advised her while pointing to some picture in the magazine that Chris couldn't see from where he stood with Lisa.

He decided to make his presence known and he stepped into the room and teased, "What kind of dress? I want to see."

Erica quickly whipped the magazine closed and shouted, "No! You don't get to see until I walk down the aisle!"

"Ericaaaaaa," Chris whined while tipping his head back. "That's five months away though! C'mon, it doesn't hurt to let me just see the kind of dress you want," He added while trying to slip the magazine away but all he received was a smack from his fiance.

"Actually speaking of my dress..." Erica trailed off while Stella climbed off her back and she sat up, looking over at Lisa who now was sitting on the couch and then at Chris' sisters. "Uncle Dave and I were going to go dress shopping this weekend but I was really hoping that you all would come with me."

Chris just smirked while sitting down next to her and putting an arm around Erica's shoulders, kissing her cheek before telling her, "Of course I'll come!"

"Shut up," She laughed while smacking his toned chest. "Not you, ya' meatball! Them!"

"Of course we'll come!" Carly squealed while getting up to run over to hug the woman who was going to become a sister.

Erica let out a matching squeal while squeezing her back, so excited to be part of this sweet family. Shanna was next to give her a tight hug and then Erica turned to Lisa. She saw the woman stand up from her spot and slip out of the room, thinking her absence wasn't noticed but it was. Erica turned to give Chris a nervous look and he stood to go find his mother but Erica stopped him, "No, I'll go talk to her."

She followed Lisa's steps into the now empty kitchen and found her standing and looking out the window. Erica could hear her softly crying and approached her, putting a hand on her back as she stood next to her.

"Lisa, are you okay?" Erica gently asked, so nervous she had overstepped some boundaries. "If this is something you don't want to go to because you'd rather just have this experience with your daughters, I totally understand. You don't have to come at all!"

Lisa laughed softly before wiping at her tears and telling her, "But you are one of my daughters."

Erica stood there, blinking slowly as her brain tried to process the information that Lisa just said. The kind hearted mother laughed again before reaching out to tuck some of Erica's curls behind her ear and told her, "I'm not crying because I'm sad, sweetie. I'm crying because I'm so happy because my baby boy found someone so wonderful to spend his life with and I'm just so thrilled I get to have you as a daughter."

Now it was Erica's turn to cry while she said in a voice barely above a whisper, "I'm so glad I get to have you as a mom.... I've never had a mom."

Lisa threw her arms around Erica and the two women hugged tightly while they cried. Erica had no idea that her life could be so wonderful and she was so thankful that by marrying Chris, she not only got him, but got a whole family.

"Well now you have me, and you're not getting rid of me!" Lisa playfully told her.

Unbeknownst to them, Chris had all tiptoed down the hall to eavesdrop on the conversation. Chris decided to insert himself in the conversation and came over, putting his hunky arms around both women and kissed each of their cheeks before he told Erica, "You're not getting rid of any of us, you're stuck with us forever."

Erica smiled up at him through her teary eyes and honestly told him, "I'm very much okay with that."