Chapter 38

"Are you ready for this?" Dave asked his niece as he stood next to her in the church.

Erica was holding onto her arm as she nervously shifted back and forth in her white sneakers, biting at her lower lip as they waited their turn. When she heard her uncle's question, she turned her head and smiled at him widely, "I'm very ready for this... I'm nervous as hell, but ready."

He leaned over and kissed her cheek before seeing the man waving them up and so he said, "Then let's go."

She took one deep breath before she heard the music begin to play and the doors opened. Jacky and Dodger had both outfitted with little black bow ties and they trotted down the aisle first, giving Erica a moment to breath before she saw everyone in the church standing up looking at her, but she didn't care about anyone except the person standing at the end of the aisle.

Instantly Erica's warm chocolate eyes looked down at Chris standing there in his beautiful black tux as he waited for her. She saw him let out a breath while putting a hand over his heart while he gazed at her in such a loving way that it made her tear up.

Chris watched her slowly walking toward him looking like an angel in her beautiful simple white dress that only showed off her beauty. Her soft curls were pulled up and her straight across bangs were pushed to the side, giving her such a soft beautiful look that made his stomach do flops. He couldn't believe that she was walking down the aisle to him... she was coming to marry him and they were going to spend the rest of their lives together. When it dawned on him that this was completely real, tears began streaming down his face and the moment Erica saw that, she started crying as well.

It seemed like an eternity until she made it up to him and after Dave hugged Chris and gave Erica to him, Chris couldn't help but put his arms around her and hug her tightly, even though that wasn't in the rehearsal. Erica felt so at home when she was in his arms and instantly relaxed, feeling like everything was so right in this moment.

"I love you Chris," She softly whispered.

"I love you too Erica," His deep voice was soft and gentle before he pulled away and wiped at her tears, smiling widely before telling her, "Now let's get married!"

The ceremony seemed to go by in a blur and before they knew it, they were walking into their reception, being announced as Mr. and Mrs. Evans. The two were buzzing, happily talking to so many people at their reception before and while they were eating dinner. It wasn't until Dave stood on the dance floor and held his hand out to Erica at the head table that she finally had stopped happily chatting.

She laughed loudly when she heard their favorite Hall and Oates song that they used to always sing at Karaoke play, and Dave stood in the middle of the dance floor, moving his shoulders to the beat while he waited for her. Chris slapped a hand to his toned chest when he watched Erica get up and dance her way out to her uncle.

He leaned back in his chair and watched with pure joy on his face while Dave and Erica danced like crazy while the music played loudly. A wide smile spread across his lips as she pulled her hair out of the elegant twist on the back of her head and shook her curls as she danced. He was completely entranced by watching her but as the song ended, Dave hugged her tightly and kissed her cheek, saying something to her before he saw Erica turn to face Chris.

She stood there, grinning widely as she waited for the song for their first dance to come on. Chris smiled when he heard the Whitney Houston song play through the speakers and instantly, his memories took him back to his cousin's wedding that he had brought Erica too before they were dating. He had shared with her just recently that when she had drug him out on the dance floor during this song, it was at that moment that he truly realized how much he loved her and it touched him that she had chosen this song.

"Ooooh I wanna dance with somebody!" Erica loudly sang while she held out her hands for him.

Chris' blue eyes crinkled up while he laughed boisterously but stood up and walked around the table while he sang back to her, "I wanna feel the heat with somebody!"

She closed the distance between them and held his hands while they both sang, "With somebody who loves me!"

They each laughed while dancing like crazy, causing all of their guests to laugh and they had spent so much energy jumping around to the song, they were happy a slightly slower song came on after it. Chris snaked his arms around Erica's waist and held her tight against his chest while hers wrapped around his neck loosely. The two swayed back and forth, swapping a few kisses before just staring into one another's eyes.

"Remember the first time we met," Chris shone his bright white smile.

Erica's brown eyes squinted up in laughter while she replied, "I remember your cute face popping over my fence looking for Dodger."

"You know, maybe I should be thankful Dodger isn't the most obedient because otherwise I might not have met you," He held her tighter while they swayed to the music.

Erica thought about it for a moment before she joked, "Nah, with a neighbor as hot as you, I for sure would have come over and said hi."

Chris laughed loudly before he leaned in and connected their lips for a sweet and loving kiss. He barely parted from her and moved one of his hands to cup her cheek while gazing into her eyes lovingly as he gently said, "From the moment I laid eyes on you, I knew my life wouldn't be the same and ever since then it hasn't. My life is so wonderful, and it's all been thanks to the girl next door."