Chapter 17

"What if we were Peter Pan and Wendy? Since we're going trick or treating with the kids, they would love it," Erica suggested while she sat next to Chris on her back deck while he threw a ball for Jacky and Dodger to chase as the sun set.

"I am not wearing tights, I've already had to do that for Cap and I ain't doing it again," Chris chuckled, his muscles flexing while throwing the ball that Jacky brought him.

Erica tapped her chin while asking, "How about Belle and Gaston, that would be cute."

"That would be adorable, you would be a perfect Belle, but I still would have to pretty much wear tights so let's keep going," Chris rested his elbows on his knees and though aloud, "What about if we did Baywatch?"

Erica rolled her eyes, slipping her hands into the pocket of the big sweatshirt that was Chris' at one point, but now had migrated to her closet, "Oh yeah, I'm going to walk around in a high cut red bathing suit on halloween."

Chris just smirked while chuckling and gave her a nudge, "I wouldn't be complaining."

"Well I would," She laughed, giving him a playful shove. "Next!"

"Okay uh...." He tried to think, grabbing the ball Dodger had in his mouth and throwing it again. "I mean, we can always do Cap and Peggy. I have the shield."

"That's too predictable," Erica was being honest. "How about we do the Spice Girls! Shanna and Carly could do it with us!"

Chris looked at her like she was crazy and laughed hysterically, "Oh HELL no! I ain't wearing any leopard print body suit! I've had to dress up as a girl a few times and it was horrible, I veto that idea."

"Okay so first we're definitely going to come back around to the story about you dressing up as a girl and why I don't know about this," She got that playful twinkle in her eyes before adding, "And second, we should totally be the Foo Fighters! I really want to be Dave Grohl, I could get a fake beard and you can be Taylor Hawkins!"

"I had to dress up for a girl a few times for roles, and babe, I hate to burst your bubble but nobody is going to know who we are if we do Dave and Taylor," He chuckled, scratching at his beard.

Erica knew he was right so she thought for a long moment before snapping her fingers and saying, "I got it! Let's be Wayne and Garth from Wayne's World!"

He slapped his hand to his toned chest, tipping back as he laughed and told her, "That's perfect! Let's do that!"

The couple laughed before they started planning out their costumes for next week as they sat out under the evening sky. Once they had figured out what wigs and clothing they needed, it had grown dark out so they took the dogs inside and plopped down in the living room.

Chris sat his hunky frame down while propping his feet up on Erica's coffee table. She let out a yawn before laying down and resting her head in his lap so that she was looking up at him. The pair had been dating for almost two months and they had been so happy every since. Both of them were very joyful energetic people but when they were together there was an extra sparkle, more smiles and more spring in their steps.

"Hey Evans," Erica smiled up at him. "Did I ever tell you that I love you?"

He looked down at her beautiful face in his lap and ran a hand through her curls before giving her a sideways smile. "Mhmm, I think you've mentioned that before."

"Good," She grinned. "You're pretty cute too."

"So are you," Chris cupped her cheek with his big hand while looking down at her from under his thick eyelashes. "God, I'm going to miss you when I have to leave next week."