Chapter 24

Erica's brown eyes fluttered open slowly on the cold morning as she woke up. A soft yawn came out of her before her lips turned to a smile, feeling Chris' rock hard body pressed up against hers with his arms tightly around her waist. Erica could feel his lips kissing along her shoulder and once she finally was awake, she gave him a lazy smile and ran a hand through his fluffy hair.

"I like waking up to this," Erica told him.

"Mhmm," He hummed against her soft skin. "Me too. Merry Christmas baby."

Immediately Erica sat up straight with her eyes going wide realizing what day it was. It startled Chris at first but he started laughing when he saw the twinkle in her eyes. Erica threw her leg over him in the small bed and straddled his waist and put her hands on his toned chest covered in soft hair while bouncing up and down and buzzing, "IT'S CHRISTMAS! IT'S CHRISTMAS!"

Erica then got to work pressing little kisses all over Chris' face, making him laugh. Chris got his arms around her waist and flipped her over so that she was on her back and he hovered over her, smiling widely as he said, "You're so fucking adorable I can't even handle it!"

She wrapped her arms around his neck and pecked at his lips before telling him, "I love you Chris."

"I love you Erica," He told her while nuzzling his face into the crook of her neck, tickling her soft skin with his beard.

As much as Erica wanted to stay here with him, she was so excited for Christmas morning. She had spent Christmas Eve at Lisa's house and they stayed the night in Chris' childhood bedroom so that they could spend the whole day together and she couldn't help but buzz, "Let's go down and see if anyone is awake!"

Chris was just as excited for Christmas as she was so he squeezed her tight, kissing her deeply before they got up and Chris pulled on a soft tee shirt while Erica wrangled her hair up into a pony tail before they raced down the stairs just like when they each were children.

Almost everyone was awake and downstairs in the kitchen when they got there and they helped get breakfast ready while they waited for Carly and Stella to wake up and for Uncle Dave to arrive. Once everyone was there, they sat down for breakfast with the kids eating at lightning pace, eager to open presents.

Erica laughed when she saw the kids run into the living room but when she looked over at Chris, he seemed deep in thought. She reached over and rested a hand on his thick arm while quietly asking, "Are you okay, Chris?"

"Hmm?" He snapped his blue eyes to hers. "Oh yeah, I'm fine, let's go open presents!"

She watched him quickly take the last few bites of his waffle before putting his dish in the sink and hurrying to follow the kids. Erica thought Chris seemed a little bit off but she ignored it and walked into the living room where the rest of the family was. All of the adults were spread out around on the couches while the kids sat on the floor next to the tree. Chris sat down near the kids and leaned his back up against a nearby chair so Erica went over and sat down next to him.

Chris draped one of his muscular arms around her shoulders and kissed her cheek before the kids started squealing when Lisa told them they could start opening presents. The family took turns opening presents and when Erica saw that there wasn't any more presents under the tree, she told the kids, "Alright guys! I have one more little present for you!"

The kids all buzzed and Erica grabbed the stack of three boxes and handed them each one. They eagerly ripped open the boxes and grinned when they saw what was in it. They all had matching shirts that said 'Best Day Ever' with a mickey head as the period. Erica had seen them and told Carly, "I thought they would be so cute for the Disney World trip!"