THIRTEEN ━ A JOKE

* •

. * • . ° ☆彡 °. • *.

1980
FOUR YEARS LATER

"So what do you both think?" Freddie asked when he turned around to face the blue-haired girl and the blonde-haired man. The girl nodded, looking around.

"Gayer," Roger answered before Gisele could. Gisele slapped Roger's arm before she turned to face Freddie and the portrait behind him.

"Not this, darling," Freddie pointed at the mustache before gesturing at the inside of his new home. "The house. Isn't it amazing?"

"It looks wonderful Fred," Gisele smiled excitedly at her friend. Excited that he bought himself a new house and he was living his life. Although he didn't have Mary in his life anymore, he was grateful that he at least had his best friends by his side.

"Mary's already moved in next door," Gisele smiled sadly when she heard that, hearing the love Fred still withheld for the girl. Gisele couldn't bear watching the two like this. She just wished it hadn't come to this.

Gisele hear Freddie talk as she walked around with Roger, chuckling when she heard that Freddie's cats each had their own room. She shook her head as Roger linked her arm with his.

Gisele smiled at how much excitement Freddie's voice held. He was excited on the new change of house and he was excited for the things holding for him in the future. Freddie smiled at the two, smirking. He never knew that his plan on getting the two together would take this long.

Gisele snapped out of her thoughts when Freddie sang, scoffing softly as she crossed her arms. He was just so talented and Gisele couldn't be any more prouder of him.

"I knew you both would appreciate it," Freddie said, smiling at the two as he held their arms. "Stay for dinner. Both of you. Anything you fancy."

"I can't," Roger said. "I need to help Gisele's family move in. I promised them. I'm sorry Fred."

"I'll stay for dinner," Gisele butt in, noticing the solemn look on her friends face. "We can have a sleepover if you like."

"Thank you darling," Freddie smiled gratefully before he turned to look at Roger. "Of course."

Gisele walked around more, hearing Roger mumble something to Freddie. The girl smiled at the cats before she admired the way her siblings were fighting playfully. Sabrina and Johnnie, both twenty years old. She was thirty and she was enjoying that. Nicole did her a favor by taking care of the siblings before they finish college. Nicole was thirty-four years old and she looked as beautiful as ever. And for Gisele's aunt, she lived in memory along with her mother. The house they had currently lived in was a house Gisele still paid for, not wanting to let go of the house that withheld memories of her mother and aunt.

"Gisele, are you coming?"

Gisele perked up, immediately heading towards Roger. She placed a hand on Freddie's arm, smiling softly at him. "I'll come by later, sweetheart."