Episode 88

Next morning

Shivaay: Om, I wanted to speak to you regarding the hotel booking.

Om: yes, I wanted to tell you that I've booked my room in a hotel but after I booked one, they said that all the other rooms are booked too. So, the thing is, we will have to stay in different hotels, if you don't mind, because I've already paid and they will not refund the amount.

Anika: that's great! I mean... it's great that we are going to London together. It's okay if we don't stay in the same resort, plus it's waste of money if you cancel it because of us.

Shivaay: no Anika. I told you yesterday night not to think of the money.

Anika: (whispers to Shivaay) aap mere plan ka Pappu kyun bana rahe hai?

Om: (whispers to gauri) gauri, think about something na. Support me before they change their minds.

Gauri: (loudly) Anika di is right, Shivaay Bhaiya. Let's not waste money. We rather spend that money to buy a gift for Rudy Bhaiya.

Anika: See, only Gauri understands me. Chalo, it's final then. Shivaay and I will book a room in another hotel.

Om: shall I book it for you?

Shivaay: it's okay om, I'll book it.

Om: fine, then I'll book our flight tickets.

Shivaay: okay.

~~~

In London...

Bhavya wakes up Rudra.
Bhavya: Rudy, get up...let's go and look at the centre. We have the whole day today, we can explore London! Get up quick!

Rudra: (rubs his eyes and yawns) fine, get ready.

(They get ready and leave. They first go to the centre where they see a huge stage being put up. They find a dance room where they can practice. Then they go to the streets of London and look around. They go from place to place, taking photos..)

Bhavya: (looks at rudra's sad face) what happened? You haven't been speaking much since we've come here.

Rudra: I've never been so away from home. And I never thought that I would be roaming around London without my family.

Bhavya: aww. (She hugs Rudra) I know I can't be like your family but I promise, I'll do my best to fulfill the gap.

Rudra: That's so sweet of you Bhavya.
(They continue walking)

Bhavya: (she looks at a blue dress by the window of a shop) oh! Look at that dress! It's so pretty!

Rudra: come, let's buy it.

Bhavya: it's too expensive Rudra.

Rudra: so, I'll buy it as a gift for you. He goes inside and Bhavya follows him.)

Rudra: here, go and try it on!

Bhavya: Rudra are you sure? I mean, I promise I'll refund the money to you.

Rudra: Bhavya, Oberois never tell friends to refund money. Go and try it on quickly!

Bhavya: okay. If you say so. (She goes, wears the dress and comes out)

Rudra: wow! That looks perfect on you!

Bhavya: thanks Rudra!
(She goes any changes back to her original dress)

Rudra: (takes out a card from his pocket and gives it to the shopkeeper)

Shopkeeper: (swipes the card and after Rudra enters the pin, he tells...) sir, your card is blocked.

Rudra: no, I've just debited money yesterday. It's not possible. Please try again.

(The shopkeeper tries it again but it doesn't work)

Shopkeeper: I'm sorry sir, but your card is blocked.

Rudra: What? How's that possible? Who must have...papa! Only Papa can block it! But why? Bhavya, what will we do now?

Bhavya: Rudra, it's okay. It's not like the dress is running away somewhere. It can wait.

Rudra: It's not only about that, Bhavya. We have to pay for our costumes and props for our performance. If we don't have money, how will we pay? We've worked do hard to reach till this stage. We have semifinals and finals to win. How are we going to do that without any good costumes? (He holds his head)

Bhavya: (she holds his hand) it's okay Rudra, listen to me, look here. Rudra, we will figure something out, don't worry.
(They go out of the shop)

Rudra: Bhavya, we are talking about all our expenses for the coming week, until our performance. Thankfully I've made advance payment of lunch and dinner in our hotel, but what about breakfast? What if we end up in a problem, we don't even have money to secure ourselves in a country which is not even ours.

Bhavya: Who says we need costumes to win? We shall dance so well that they won't even care about our costumes.

Rudra: Bhavya, this is world championship. They are taking everything into considerations. Even the costumes and the props. Without a good costume, we won't even get through semifinals.

Bhavya: okay, then we will wear our clothes itself. if we can't change costumes, we can change the dance itself!

Rudra: what do you mean?

Bhavya: have you got your kurta and suit?

Rudra: yes but...

Bhavya: then we are sorted! See, I have my red dress and a ghagra. I'll wear the red dress and you wear your suit for the semifinals and we can change our song from hiphop to salsa! And in the finals, we can wear our indian clothes and dance on an indian song!

Rudra: good idea Bhavya, but how are we going to convert one month of practice into one week's practice of a whole new song?

Bhavya: We don't have any other option Rudra. We will just have to give our best and practice a lot. I'm sure this will work out.