Episode 96

The time of the result arrives. The oberois gather together and hold hands in anxiety.

Judges: And the winner of this competition is.... Very unexpected because we thought that this participant will back out but... We're happy to announce that the winner of this competition is.... Team Rudra and Bhavya!

The oberois jump with joy and hug each other.
Shivaay: Go, rudy... Get that award!

Rudra: You guys come with me! (He drags the oberois on the stage along with him)

***

Back at Oberoi mansion, Dadi pulls Tej towards the TV.

Dadi: (crys out of joy) Just look at your son Tej! He won the competition! He made oberois so so so proud! You should be proud of your son!

Tej: I would have been proud if only he had respected my decision.

They look at the screen.

Anchor: Mr. Rudra, would you like to say something?

Rudra: Of course! (He takes the mic from the anchor's hand) I'd like to thank my family for all the support they've given me to stand till here. Without them, I'd have lost the battle even before fighting it. They made today's performance possible. I'll always love them. My dance partner gave up on my on the most important day of my life, but my family didn't. That's why today's victory is of team Oberois, not Team Rudra and Bhavya.

(The audience claps and shouts "oberois". After a while Rudra continues.)

Rudra: I'd also like to thank my father without whom this victory would have remained a dream.

Shivaay kept a hand on Rudra's shoulder.

Shivaay: ( whispers) Rudy, you don't have to.

Rudra: (whispers back) It's okay bhaiya, I want to.

He continues.

Rudra: I'd like to thank my father because I know, it takes a lot of courage to see your child do something you don't want him to do at all. It's difficult because you want your child to fulfill your own unfulfilled dream first. Being a father isn't easy at all and people underestimate that. I did too. I was really ardent on fulfilling my dream and now when I've achieved it, I feel so incomplete without his blessings. Because somewhere I know that he's still angry with me and even though I've won, I feel that I've lost. I can't hug my father and tell him that I really love him and hear him saying that he still loves me. But thank you papa, apne mujhse bahut ummeed rakhi, thank you ki apne mujhe ek afsar diya and thank you ki aapne mujhe iss duniya mein laya kyuki aapke bina main kabhi nahi hota and mera ye chota sapna bhi kabhi poora hota. I miss you papa and I wish ki humare beech ki dooriyaa mit jaaye. I love you. Thank you everyone.

(With that, he wipes his tears and stands walks down the stage. The oberois follow him. )

As he climbs down the stairs he collides with Bhavya.

Rudra: Oh look who finally showed up!

Bhavya: Rudra, I'm sorry but...

Rudra: Your case was more important than me. Thanks bhavya for stopping me to make a mistake I would have clearly made.

Bhavya: what mistake?

Rudra: The mistake that I was going to propose to you.

(Everyone gets shocked.)