Luffy- first encounter

Luffy's day had been as boring as ever. He wished he had some more action in his life, but seeing as he was barely even making rent each month, that probably wasn't going to happen.

Luffy had awoken to the normal screeching of his neighbors, the noise coming in easily through the thin walls of his apartment. He had a cold shower, (his landlord had cut the warm water off again) and gotten dressed for the day.

He made quick work of walking down town towards the small coffee shop at which he worked. It was pretty fun, he had two friends working there with him so he wasn't alone, and even though he was paid minimum wage he still managed to earn a few extra bucks here and there from tips.

As soon as he got there he put on the required apron, positioning himself at the cash register and placing his perfectly formed smile on his face, preparing for a day of work. Sanji had already arrived, dancing around their work area as he prepared for the day. Nami came soon after, barking out her usual orders at them to get to work and the sort. He let out a happy laugh.

Despite the unusual behavior, these were some of his closest friends. They'd been with him since high school. And he spent plenty of his free time with them, doing whatever crazy thing popped into their minds. (He failed to mention to them that whenever he asked to hangout it was to get away from his empty apartment. Sometimes it felt like he would drown in the silence.)

His shift was approaching it's end when it happened. The store was mostly empty, a few people still chatting in the back being the only customers left. The sun was disappearing over the skyline of tall buildings, casting an orange tint on the world.

Luffy was planning on packing up when he heard the familiar chime of a bell, signaling a customer had entered the brewery. He gave a grin, eyes shutting with the force as he asked for the man's order. His notebook was already out, pencil held in his hand as he awaited the man's request.

But after a minute had passed with no word from the man, he lifted his head looking to see what had taken so long. And suddenly he couldn't breath. Because this feeling washed over him that made him feel so whole and complete as he stared into the man's wide eyes, going as soon as it came and leaving him wishing it hadn't.

And he knew what this meant. But he so desperately wished he hadn't. He wished he hadn't come to work today. He wished he had left earlier. He wished he had taken a sick day, or anything other than this.

Immediately after it left a sob fought it's way up his throat, barely keeping it in as his eyes grew impossibly wide. Because he knew what this meant. He knew what this was. And all he could think was no no too soon I'm not ready not now too soon too soon-

Luffy pushed back the urge to cry as he stood there, shocked into silence as was the other. He couldn't stand looking at him. As soon as he looked in his shocked yellow eyes he felt like throwing up. A million emotions coursed through his frame at once, swallowing him whole into the void. He slipped on the edge of an abyss he'd been walking along, falling and falling and falling, down down down. Because, this person, he was-

"You're my soulmate."

Luffy ran out of the store as fast as he could, tears sparkling in the wind as they flew behind him like raindrops descending from heaven.