Law- first encounter

The day started off normal. Just the same as the way he started off every other mundane day, nothing out of routine. There wasn't anything special happening. No events worth remembering.

Normal.

He'd been woken up by the ring of the alarm next to his bed, quick to silence it and stand up. He'd gotten ready for work after a cup of coffee and his breakfast, walking out the door towards his car before he even realized it.

Work had been easier than usual; no life threatening conditions or dying patients. No families he had to give his condolences to. No condition that was too complicated. An easy day.

He'd gotten off his shift early, and decided to take a stroll through town, not something he did often. He just had a good feeling about today. Which is strange, because normally he was content to just stay inside and work his life away.

Briefly, he remembered seeing a brewery on his way to work that looked at least halfway decent, and decided to go see if it was any good. It was a cute little shop, surrounded by stores and other fast food restaurants, a small bell chiming above the door as he walked in.

  He went up to the cashier without removing his eyes from his phone, scrolling on it as he approached. He only looked up when he heard a soft voice ask his order, looking up to ask him their menu.

But he stopped half way. As his eyes locked on to the figure standing before him, his breath caught in his throat. He stared, eyes blown wide with shock. He felt a sensation as soon as his eyes landed on him, an indescribable feeling. A rush of emotions, his pulse quickening. Something he had never felt before, making his brain short circuit.

He sat there dumbfounded until the cashier looked up with a questioning look on his face, curious as to what was taking so long. Law watched, silent from where he stood, as that same look of shock passed over the man's face.

And the moment Law managed to shake himself out of the daze, he fell right back in as soon as he looked at the boy. Because he was simply beautiful.

His eyes were a deep brown, wide and innocent. They were cavernous, he felt as if he could drown within the warm pools of his iris's. His skin was a dark Brazilian complexion, glowing in the late orange sunlight and giving him an other worldly beauty.

He was around average height, about five inches shorter than Law because he was admittedly a tall man, with a skinny and gangly frame that still looked as if he could pack quit the punch. His hair was a midnight black, curling around his face and framing it perfectly with a strawhat fitted atop it, like a crown for a king. His rosy pink lips were parted slightly, jaw slack as he stared at him with a face filled with shock.

Law choked on his breath, unable to form the words he yearned to release past his lips. His hand rose from it's place at his side, shaking as it reached out slightly as if to touch him. Because he wanted to. He wanted to grab this man and hold him close to his chest, to never have to let go.

Because this was the person who had helped him so much. This was the person he had to thank for being who he was today. For making it this far in life. For accomplishing everything he had. This was the person who loved everything about him.

"You-you're my-"

He swallowed, mouth suddenly feeling as dry as a desert, a wasteland that trapped his love and longing inside. The man's eyes had began to water slightly, a shine to them that wasn't there before. But Law failed to notice. Because he had dreamed about this moment for so long. Had pictured all the ways it would happen, all the situations where in he could express his gratitude. All he wanted was to tell how thankful he was towards him, how much they'd helped him without even knowing.

"soulmate."

The boy dashed out of the store before he could even blink, leaving him staring at an empty place where a man used to be, and the warm feeling that had settled into his chest leaving with him.