Chapter 1

"face your fears, live your dreams".... anonymous

Alia's p.o.v

When we arrived at our new home I couldn't believe my eyes, the house in front of me was bigger than any house we had ever lived in, it was a mini-mansion if I do say so myself.

I looked over at where Mum was standing and she had a big smile plastered on her face like she had won a lottery, which confused me the more.

When the gates of the house were pulled open a woman in a maid's dress stood in waiting for us outside, she looked like she was in her late fifties as she had white hair already but the smile she gave me and mum made her look younger.

Mum went over to her and hugged her like she had known her all her life, the woman hugged Mum back and Mum gave her a peck on the cheek which increased my curiosity, am sure the woman asked Mum who I was as Mum turned to me and smiled, she gestured to me to come over which I did.

"Nanny this is Alia, my daughter, Alia this is my nanny, nanny Elisa" Mum introduced us.

"Oh, my little Alia is all grown up now how old are you? Fourteen?" nanny Elisa asked which made me almost roll my eyes but I had to control myself from doing so.

"No ma'am am seventeen and will be eighteen in four months "I said in the nicest way possible.

"Oh sorry my bad, am sure you are both tired please come in, I will have Bruto take your bags, oh Sarah I missed you a lot" nanny Elisa said and waved her hands and another elderly man came to carry our bags which made me wonder who this house belonged to.

We made our way into the house and the inside looked even more gorgeous than the outsides, the interior was decorated with gold and silver and a hint of wine colour here and there, and there was a red carpet on the stairs like in the movies, I looked over to mum but she didn't seem affected by the beauty of this house like I was which made me frown, I made a mental note that I was going to ask her whenever we are alone.

Nanny Elisa who had disappeared for a while to only God knows where resurfaced again with a smile plastered on her face, the way she smiled gave me goosebumps why? I couldn't tell yet, or maybe it was because I wasn't used to old people around, or so many smiles either way I still saw it as awkward.

"Your rooms are ready, Alia I promise you would love your room," Elisa said giving me the same smile, I was so tempted to roll my eyes.

"Ok honey go with nanny Elisa to your room, while I go change okay, I will come see you in a while" Mum said and gave me a peck on the forehead.

"Okay mum," I said and followed Nanny Elisa to my supposed room, we went up the stairs and took a left turn, Nanny Elisa stopped in front of a double door in the middle of the hallway, you could tell she was so excited in showing me my room, I wished I won't be disappointed.

When she pulled open the double doors and I stepped into the room my jaw dropped literally, it was more than amazing your perfect definition of a princess bedroom with the rose gold colour design, it was perfect, and I couldn't believe it was mine, I've never had anything like this before, I loved it.

"So?....what do you think?" nanny Elisa said.

"I love it! Nanny!"I said not containing the excitement inside me.

"Am so happy! Your friend Tracy helped me design it too, she's been waiting for you ever since your mum called that you guys are moving back am sure she can't wait to see you in school tomorrow" Nanny Elisa said.

"Tomorrow? Already?"I asked surprised.

"Yes tomorrow is Monday, don't worry love, Excellency High would be a whole different experience for you!" nanny Elisa said excitement dripping in her voice.