chapter 6

I turned to look at my dearly beloved cousin whom I had forgotten and was Happy I did.

"Yes, I remember Claire, how can I forget?"I said sarcastically and rolled my eyes at her.

"Oh, girls stop it!it's meant to be the two of you against the world not against each other!" my aunt said disappointed.

"Well mum you know I've always tried my best to be good to Alia but she's always mean to me" Claire said with a fake sad expression on her face that made me want to puke.

"Oh please if I didn't know better, Claire you need to start being there for your cousin rather than being the one waging war against her, and not even for a good purpose, you should know Zion belongs to only you and you must end up being his wife, and not even little Alia Trey can stop or change that, "my aunt said with a kind of smile you would only find on a predator that was about to eat its prey.

These people were lunatics no wonder Mum never wanted them around.

"But mum I don't think she knows that she even kissed him the second day she came here, "Claire said or more like whining.

"I believe that was a mistake on poor Alia's part and am sure she's never gonna do that again right?" my aunt said to me with a big grin on her face, you know when you feel an evil witch is smiling at you but deep down it was a warning that she would kill you if you ever crossed her, yes that kind of smile which made me swallow the saliva I had in my mouth.

"Sure...I....I...it....yes.... mistake...it...was...a.. mistake" I stuttered cause of fear.

"See baby, now please be nice to your cousin she means no harm, you both can leave now, and Alia send me greetings to your mum okay" she said with a big smile plastered on her face.

"Yeah...sure...thanks...I.... would...be... going... leaving" I stuttered again.

She nodded her head in acknowledgement and as fast as I could I left her office, I sighed as that was over and made my way to the canteen where I knew my friends would be waiting for me.

On getting to the cafeteria, as usual, it was filled to the brim ,I rolled my eyes in frustration as I couldn't find our table in the crowd, how the cafeteria was always full made me wonder if this was the only school in the country that rich people went to. After some hitting and pushing and groaning I finally found what I was looking for, but to my surprise, Tracy and Daniel were not alone, Pearl and Zion were actually with them.

The sight of Zion sent shivers down my back, and the angry look on Tracy's face made me scared to approach then, with Zion there and my best friend angry I knew it could never be a good thing, I couldn't see Daniel's face cause his back was turned to me but I knew if Tracy was angry, Daniel would be pissed.

But to my surprise, as I approached the table Daniel and Zion burst out in laughter and Pearl rolled her eyes at the two, they didn't even notice I was there until Tracy saw me.

"Hey dear finally we've been waiting Pearl said the principal called for you, come sit here" she said with excitement as she pulled the seat close to her which I took awkwardly as Zion was sitting on the other side putting me in the middle of Tracy and Zion.

"Yeah, so what did she want?"Daniel asked when I took my seat.

I didn't dare to look at Zion's face cause I knew I would only end up seeing something I would regret so I subconsciously backed him, not even meaning to.

"She just told me I should stay away from my cousin's future husband that's all" I said not wanting to hide it from them.

"Cousin?"I heard Zions' voice say from behind which made every hair on my body stand.

Nervously I turned to him, only to come in contact with those sea blue eyes that made me forget what I was about to say, I was drawn into it's depth and I was drowning in it, and the funny but beautiful thing about it was that I liked being in it, I loved being in it, I didn't know how long I was lost in those beautiful eyes of his, I could stay there forever.

"Alia" I heard Tracy's voice and it was a call back to earth for me.

I turned to her as embarrassment washed over me, the fact that I had been staring at him, was so embarrassing I just wished the earth could open up and swallow me again.

"Hey baby what are you doing here?"I heard a familiar voice say.

"Nothing just trying to convince Pearl that these people are not worth her company"Zion said and stood up.

His words hurt, what was it with him? One minute he was nice and the other he was an asshole, I turned to look at him and found him already looking at me, the expression on his face was unexplainable, and this boy was confusing me the more.

"Were you? Or you were here waiting to see Alia's face before your human toy comes" Pearl said with a smirk on her face.

"Shut up, "Zion said and picked his bottle of coke from the table and went over to where Claire was standing.

She gave me a mean look before she tiptoed and kissed Zion, and after that she smiled at me wickedly, as if she was telling me she was the queen and she had the king with her and I was nothing.

"So what do plan on wearing to the party on Saturday?"Pearl asked taking my attention from Zion and Claire.

"I don't know yet?.... I don't go to parties you know" I said.

"But she has me to figure that out"Tracy said all too happy for my liking.

"Oh okay then I believe you are in good hands" Pearl said, I only nodded my head in response.

After Zion left a certain kind of sadness washed over me, I kept glancing at where Zion and Claire were sitting, she had her hands all over him, but he looked not interested as he was in a deep conversation with Derrick, a little voice in my head said I should look away, I knew that I was supposed to look away but I didn't, I couldn't, I wanted to but I just couldn't pull my eyes away from him.

"Stop it already Alia!"Daniel said angrily and left the table.

I looked at Pearl then at Tracy and then to Daniel who was angrily leaving the canteen in surprise, why was he angry?

"Stop doing this Alia, how would you stare at a man to the extent everyone around you noticed, "Tracy said in disappointment

"And the fact that he's a jerk only makes it worse, no I don't think that's worse, what's worse is that he would never notice or want you in that way, "Pearl said and rolled her eyes at me then left, And Embarrassment washed over me.

"Was it that bad?"I asked Tracy.

"Yes it was babe and he noticed, "Tracy said and nodded her head towards Zions' direction.

When I turned to look at where Zion was I and his eyes held contact and all that was in them was disgust, he was disgusted with the fact that I was staring at him, the sight broke my heart and I wished I could disappear.

"And I don't think he liked it one bit," Tracy said and shook her head.

"Oh earth swallow me now please"

************************************
Strange love.

THANKS FOR READING!

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT AND ALSO FOLLOW ME HERE ON WATTPAD FOR MORE INTERESTING STORIES YOU CAN ALSO CHECK OUT MY OTHER WORKS HERE ON WATTPAD

Xoxo
(Drops pen)