chapter 8

Dedicated to kodaliparinitha 😘

Alia's p.o.v

I ran and ran until I knew I was as far away from Zion as possible, what happened at the balcony began to replay in my head as I tried to calm my racing heart.

When I finally was able to breathe normally again, I made my way to the dance hall, the music had changed to a fast one and everyone was dancing crazily again, I scanned the room to find my best friends and saw them at the corner of the hall, I took a deep breath and made my way to them.

"Hey guys," I said more like shouting cause of the music.

"Hey, where have you been?"Tracy shouted back in response.

"I need to go home" I shouted intentionally avoiding her question.

"Wait a little longer, Pearl was looking for you, she said you should come meet her in the kitchen!"Tracy shouted.

I nodded my head and made my way to the kitchen, how I knew where the kitchen was, was funny, I just followed the aroma of food and it led me to the kitchen.

When I entered the kitchen Zion's mum was chopping off something on the counter and the other maids were busy arranging and cooking, the kitchen was seriously busy.

I tried to leave without her seeing me, I wasn't ready to face his mum when she caught us in each other's arms and heard Zion's declaration of love for me which I still don't want to think about, so I tried to tiptoe out unnoticed.

"Alia" I heard a female voice say and it stopped me dead on my track, so much for going unnoticed.

I turned and came face to face with Zion's mum and she had a smile plastered on her face, like my mum when she was about to say something cheesy.

"Good...good evening ma'am"I said.

"My son's love, the girl who stole his heart, "Zion's mum said the smile on her face widened, and now I think she was blushing.

"No ma'am it's not what you think, I...Zion......me...... there's nothing there fact we hate each other" I said trying to reassure her.

"Every good love story starts with hate you know, just like I and Eric, my name is Victoria, call me victoria" she said and came over to where I was standing, she had a warm friendly motherly smile on her face that eased the tension in my heart a bit.

"Sorry Mrs Knight but believe me whatever you saw or heard was a lie, Claire is Zion's girlfriend and maybe future wife please, there is nothing between me and Zion ma'am" I said trying to convince her.

"Zion is toying with Claire and we all know it, she knows it too, but with the way he held you, and looked at you, and how thick his voice was when he said he loved you, baby girl there is something there,and surprisingly I like it"Mrs knight said her motherly smile was still plastered on her face,and I knew there was no changing her mind.

I sighed and face palmed myself, I wanted to run away from this city already, just one week and my life was already in a rumble, I didn't even want to think about what Zion said to me, I didn't want to think of how my friends would react if they found out, let's not even talk about Claire and my aunt, I couldn't take it anymore I broke Down in tears, And before I knew it I was pulled into a warm motherly hug that reminded so much of my mum.

"Shhhhhh baby girl love isn't the way the movies put it but trust me when you are with the right person, you won't want anything else" Mrs knight said and ran her hands in my hair the way my mum does.

I nodded my head and cleaned my eyes with my handkerchief,I pulled out of the hug not wanting to embarrass myself anymore than I already had, and I gave her a smile which she returned.

"Would you like some cupcakes?"Mrs Knight asked as she presented a tray of cupcakes in front of me, as much as my emotions were all over the place, my belly was not, so I nodded my head and picked three cupcakes from the tray.

"Mum" we heard someone say at the door and I turned to see who it was and lo and behold there he was standing in all his glory, the reason for my heart ache,the one throwing my emotions all over the place, Zion Enrique knight, and as usual his brows were knitted together in a frown which made me wonder if he ever smiled or laugh.

"Yes baby, how may I help you?"Mrs knight said,she had a knowing smile plastered on her face which made me want to roll my eyes.

"Sorry to interrupt you ma'am but I would take my leave...and thanks for the cupcake"I said and made my way to the door where Zion was still leaning with his hands in his pocket, I didn't dare to look at his eyes I wasn't ready for what ever was in them.

"Oh please don't leave.....Zion love would you care to introduce her to me"Mrs Knight said.

"She's nobody, mum, just some little girl that unfortunately found herself in Excellency High, and she's been all over me ever since, one of those desperate girls.....and the bad part is she's not my type"Zion said with a straight face holding eye contact with me.

I couldn't believe my eyes,his words stunged me, it brought a kind of pain to my heart,but I wasn't going to let him disrespect me,not in a million years so I turned to his mum and gave her the best smile I could and said,

"Sorry ma but with all due Respect in as much as I am Happy that you believe him I'm sorry, but I have to be honest with you unlike your son here..... all he just said are what would I call them now?, wishes, yeah his wishes,things he wished would happen, your son is the last person I would ever throw myself at, beside my grand father practically owns that so called Excellency high school, and also disrespectful,rude, arrogant, stubborn, annoying, and would I say grumpy guys are not my type,and Zion is all of it and more if I do say so myself, if you don't mind ma I would take my leave now, thanks for the cupcake once again," I said and left the kitchen making sure I brushed my shoulders with Zions more like hit him with mine to make my exits remarkable.

"Wow Zion, you just met the perfect girl for you....your match" I heard his mum say, and with a smile on my face and my head held high I went back to the dance hall to meet my friends.

************************************
THANKS FOR READING!

DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT AND ALSO FOLLOW ME HERE ON WATTPAD FOR MORE INTERESTING STORIES AND YOU CAN ALSO CHECK OUT MY OTHER WORKS HERE ON WATTPAD

Xoxo
(Drops pen)