Kick

I've finally found a photo for Maximus!

•Amethyst•

"I'm gonna get something to drink. You want anything, shortie?" Maximus, well, he told me to call him Max, asked as he stood up from the lunch bench.

At the end of History we decided that we needed to talk more about the project so we were going to sit together at lunch. I had told Samantha and she was cool about it since she and Xander wanted to go out for lunch that day anyway. She was also smiling and saying things like "It's cool if you want to eat lunch with a boy, Amy. And if you want to hang out with him more even if you hung out with him for a whole class."

She might have been insane at the time.

"So, shortie, why are you sitting with us today?" Jacob, one of the guys in the hot guy group, asked.

I looked up from my notebook that I was currently writing in and shrugged. "Maximus-I mean- Max and I are working on the project for history."

He chuckled. "Is that what you're writing in that little notebook of yours?"

I nodded. "Ye-"

He quickly snatched it and started to flip through the pages. "I could've sworn you were writing about how hot all of us are."

I reached out to grab for it but he quickly moved away before my short arms could get to him.

"Give it back!" I ordered.

He smirked. "Don't want me to read about your little crush on Max?"

I growled and reached for it again but he held it above his head. "No! I don't like Max like that! I barely even know the guy!"

I hate it when people use their height against me! I groaned in my head and I stood on the bench and tried to grab it. Jacob laughed and stood up off the bench, still taller than me on the ground and moved around. I scoffed, jumped off, headed towards him, and tried to jump up and get it from him. He didn't move away since I was still too short, even when I jumped my highest to get it from him.

I was never that good at leaps in dance class anyway. It thought as I tried to get it from him.

I huffed when I realized it was pointless and prepared myself for what I was going to do next.

"You asked for this," I mumbled before kicking him in the shin as hard as I could.

He yelled in pain and dropped the book, which I expertly caught, and grabbed his shin with his hands. I shrugged as he cursed up a storm and walked back to the bench with a smug look on my face.

But I was always good at kicks. I boasted in my head.

I sat down and looked at all of the boys' impressed or shocked faces. After a few moments one of them started clapping and the rest of them followed. I giggled but quickly stopped when I saw Max walking over holding two drinks in his hands with a smirk.

I quickly looked down at my notebook and pretended to write. Max slowly slid in next to me and put the soda in front of me. He then tilted his head so I could see some of his face and chuckled.

"I didn't know you had such a kick in you, shortie. How do I know that's not the first time you've done that? Should your clean record be so clean?" He teased.

I coughed and turned away from him. "I think so," I mumbled.

He looked up over my head. "I don't think the principal does."