Family

*Maximus*

I frowned when I saw that I had lost again and hopped up from shortie's comfortable grey couch. I waltzed into the kitchen to see her small and skinny self climbing onto the counter to get a bowl from the cabinet.

How can anyone be so small? She's up to my ribs!

"You need help, shortie?" I asked.

Her shy self squeaked and she quickly turned to me. Her large doe eyes held a tiny bit a fear in them but it soon left as she sighed in relief.

"No, I'm good," he soft voice declined nicely.

I nodded with a smirk and sat down at the table.

"You know, as your knight in shining amor, I think I should make your life a little bit more fun, don't you think?" I said as I spun her pencil in my hand.

She hopped off the counter with a bowl in her hand and shook her head.

"I doubt that's what is in your job description," she giggled.

She's so cute when she giggles. I thought with a smile.

"You've read it?" I asked.

She laughed which made me smile even wider. "No, have you?"

I nodded. "Yep. But, you are right. It doesn't say that. But," I started as I got up, "as your friend I need to make your life interesting."

She shrugged and went to her fridge to grab some milk. "Samantha already does that as my best friend so you're just going to have to do homework with me."

I scoffed. "I bet I can show you some more fun than Samantha can."

She giggled and placed the milk next to her bowl. "I doubt you'd want to go on mani/pedis with me."

My eyes widened in fear. "Is that really what you call fun?" She nodded. "Well now I really have to take you out." I walked over to her and grabbed her hand. "Come on! Let's go to my house!"

Before she could protest I dragged her over to the door, grabbed her keys, and quickly went outside. Before I could take her to her car, she grabbed the keys from my hand and locked the door before turning to me. I smirked and ran to the car, laughing when I heard her footsteps behind me, and jumped into the car first.

"I win!" I cheered as she hopped in seconds after.

~<~<~<

"Audrey, Ethan, Noah, Alexander, Noelani, and Ainsley! Come on down, I have a surprise for you!" I called as I led Amethyst into my house.

Her jaw dropped as all of my little siblings and Audrey ran down the stairs. Ethan and Noah were the first down and they smiled once they saw Amethyst standing next to me. They were the flirts of the family, though they were only twelve, and Amy was probably the prettiest girl they would ever flirt with.

After them was Noelani and Ainsley, who were seven, and they squealed happily, which scared Amy and made her stand closer to me.

Alexander was next and since he was pretty chill, he just nodded his head in acknowledgement.

Audrey, my older twin, was last and her eyes lit up when she saw that I had brought home a girl instead of one of my annoying friends.

"Max a million!" They all cheered, well, except for Alexander who just said it.

Amy hugged my arm and scooted impossibly closer to my side, which I didn't mind. She wasn't some girl who was flirting with me at school, she was Amy. And Amy was a little cutie who hadn't flirted a day in her life.