Slut

•Amethyst•

"Write a song. You haven't written one in a while, and since Max likes that song you made, make one about him," Samantha suggested as she was braiding Audrey's hair on my bed.

It was a sunny Saturday, a week after the party, and they were trying to get me and Max together. They had already spewed a bunch of ideas that I would never do a day in my shy little life, so they were trying their hardest to come up with less extroverted things.

"Yeah! Max loves singing and is super good at it! He even writes his own songs. You should write one together!"

I raised an eyebrow. "Why? What would it be about anyway?"

They shrugged. "I don't know."

I sighed and looked down at my hands. "That doesn't help me."

"Amy, honey, we're trying so hard to help you, we really are, but you're too shy for your own good. You won't flirt with him, you won't tell him you like him, you won't give hints, you won't even wear anything that will turn him on!" Samantha said soothingly, though it did the opposite to me.

I huffed. "I'm not you guys, okay? I don't have the super pretty face, I'm not popular, I've never flirted before, I don't look good wearing a crop top and shorts, I can't even talk to new people that easily. I'm me... and I used to be okay with that. Now I just hate it because I like Max and the only way to get him to like me back is to not be me. How do I do that? How do I get prettier, how do I get popular, how do I flirt, how can I look good in revealing outfits, how can I talk to new people easily? How? How can I when I just can't." I wiped a stray tear from my eyes. "Max doesn't like me like that and... and I'm just going to have to deal with it."

They both looked at each other with sad looks before turning back to me.

"We'll leave you alone for a bit, okay? You seem like you need it, Amy," Samantha said softly before standing up with Audrey. "I know how you like to be alone when you're sad. Bye honey."

"Bye babe," Audrey said with a wave and walked out with Samantha.

I sat on my chair and cried silently for about an hour before the door opened. I didn't bother looking up and kept my crying going until I heard a deep voice.

"Hey, shortie. You need a hug?" Max asked as he walked over to me.

I nodded but kept my head down. "Yeah."

He bent down in front of me and hugged me around the waist. I wrapped my arms around his neck and cried into his shoulder. I felt myself being lifted from the chair and tightened my grip on Max's collar, my tears getting bigger for an odd reason.

When I felt Max sink into something with me laying on him, I looked down and saw that he was on my bed. I snuggled into him and sniffled. He stroked my back and helped me to calm down, leaving me just snuggling with him for a few hours.

"Sorry if I'm heavy, knight," I whispered when the silence was too silent.

He chuckled, causing me to bounce since I was laying on his torso. "You are the lightest girl I've ever picked up, not including my little sisters."

"How many girls have you picked up, then?" I asked, my tone a tiny bit snappy.

He shrugged, most likely not noticing my change of tone. "I've broken up plenty of girl fights, shortie. You girls are vicious when it comes to fighting."

I giggled and looked up to see Max already looking at me. "Why were they fighting?"

He smirked. "They wanted a piece of this," he bragged as he flexed his muscle. I would've rolled my eyes had his biceps and triceps been smaller and less impressive.