Dear Adult

Dear Adult,

You will miss me soon, when sleep will be deprived and coffee is your life saver. When fake smiles became a necessity and unwanted laughter became part of your journey.

You will miss me soon, when you work to pay the bills and you work overtime to pay more bills.

You will miss me soon, when your feelings are now being played instead of dolls and toys. When trusting people becomes difficult and relationships are temporary.

You will miss me soon, when you are beating the time-in clock at the office instead of beating the submission of project deadline of your teacher. When the only problem you have before is how to pass the quiz and not how to go on with your life.

You will miss me soon, when you found your old school uniform hanging in your closet with the signatures of your old friends. When you found your old yearbook and your farewell quote was based on cartoons.

You'll appreciate the innocent smile and the paper-planes. You will look back and questioned why the time flies so fast.

You'll appreciate the short nap that you hated when you were young and wished you still have the same time to sleep.

You'll appreciate the home cook meal because cup noodles don't taste good anymore and take away food is always the same.

You'll appreciate the joy the simplicity can give you.

You will miss me soon.

Yours,
Childhood