An Open Letter to all Writers

Being a writer is a weird contradiction especially in our world today where a small typo means you are a lazy ass or a wrong spelling might equivalent to being stupid. While our inner self might want to cry at the idea of going out into the spotlight and being known to the public, another part of us kind of likes the idea of giving fan signs. And besides, being able to earn from writing a story doesn't sound so bad and a Published Writer (even self-published one) has a pretty nice ring on it.

Yumi, the author of Country Club Series.

Though, those catch of success aren't really what keeps you motivated, deep in your heart what matters most is sharing your books to everyone and hoping somehow you touch lives. Hoping that somehow, somewhere in the corner of the world, you change the lives of others. It's not an ego trip if you want to make a difference.

To be able to give you a good story, we have to put ourselves out there. And it's not easy for most of the writers to face the world. Some of us have depression and anxiety. Others are introvert and have stage fright. It's a lot easier to hide away and write or probably talk to our imaginary characters than it is to bear our hearts and souls to living, breathing, typo-nazi and grammatically moral human being.

Yes, being known can be uncomfortable, but if your story can inspire and help other people, then maybe it's worth that discomfort. Maybe it's worth the bashing and some—ehem— degrading words that come from few.

But here we are, we use our pen to voice out. And this is a big responsibility for us. A duty we want to share, our gifts of words we want to use to touch other people's hearts. You can do this with integrity, Author. Your readers want to read what's on your mind. Be a writer. Be a writer with a purpose.

Sincerely Yours,
Yumi