Dear Papa,

I cannot fathom how a month of my stay has already gone by. I have finally begun to settle into a new routine, although there still is plenty of room for more adjustment. Specifically in adjusting to a whole staff that takes care of every need imaginable. Papa, I feel so strange letting them do the tasks that was once done at my own merit. Like getting dressed!

But my lady maid, Kitty is so incredibly sweet.

The estate is absolutely beautiful, there is so much green land. They even own their own horses. It is quite easy to admire their beauty so up close. Although in truth, I am a bit fearful to ride one. My cousins are an absolute hoot!

I think the only thing they share in common is their very blood. But I find myself able to sympathize more with the youngest, Alaina.

On the contrary, Lady Stratford  scares me a bit. When I had tea with her, she told me about Mamma. How she disgraced their family. How she admittedly blamed you.

Then she proceeded to tell me she would hold me to the same standard as she does her daughters. Marrying a man with a title, to ensure a healthy future.

You have always instilled in me my happiness was all that mattered in regards to my future. "What ever will make you happy, little flower" is what you would say. And I do not wish to stray from it. A title will mean nothing to me if I ever fall in love.

They think so differently here, making me feel out of place. But no less, I will brave it.

How are you faring? How is Uncle Philip? Please do not overwork yourself, I love you.

Write soon!

                                                                                                     Sincerely,
                                                                                                                        Della

____________________________

A/n - so throughout the story you'll find letters that Della has written, it won't be considered as an official chapter, but it'll advance the storyline in some kind of way.

You may even find one of Della's secret love letters 👀.

Votes/Comments are much appreciated. On to Chapter 5 ⏭‼️

- kya h.