Part One: The Zoo

Unedited.

Louis' POV

10:37am. I have exactly one hour and twenty-three minutes to be at The Zoo. Sluggishly, I pull myself out of bed and make my way to the bathroom which connected my room to Thaleia's. I knew she was awake. She was always awake, always studying. Thaleia was in school to be a doctor. In her last year of her undergraduate program actually. I know what you're thinking. She's eighteen. Thaleia graduated at age sixteen and began her studies immediately. In five months she would be out of school and beginning medical school. You need four years of that and three to seven years of residency but knowing her, she'd be out of med school in two years and finished with her residency in a lot less than three. She's always been a prodigy like that.

After I turned on the shower and fixed the hot water knob until the water was at my desired temperature, which was boiling, I grabbed my towel from the rack and slung it over the rod holding the shower curtain. I stripped quickly and hopped in the shower. It was cold as hell in the apartment.

"Lou!" I heard Thaleia call, footsteps coming closer until she was in the bathroom also. "Yeah?" I responded tiredly. I was not a morning person at all. "Your sister called to say that she'll be back in town in two days." She informed me. My older sister Hali, pronouced with emphasis on the 'hah', was always traveling. She had her own cosmetology business, which she often went to hair and makeup shows to promote. "Okay." I responded before putting my head completely under the piping hot stream of water. I was always cold, a side effect of being severely anemic. "Yeah, you going to The Zoo today?"

"Yes. I have to be there in about an hour actually. I'm bringing in a few pieces to be displayed for the art gala tomorrow. Hopefully my pieces will collect some coin. Some big buyers are gonna be there." I spoke as I lathered my body wash on the loofah. It smelled like a mix between raspberries and the ocean. I loved the ocean.

"Of course your pieces will sell well. They always do." Leia said in a 'duh' tone of voice. "Yeah whatever. What are you up to today?" I countered. I was never one to praise my own work. It made me feel like I was being self-absorbed. It made Thaleia mad annoyed though. She thinks I'm putting myself down. It's not that I don't think my work is good, I'd never put anything out that I didn't believe was worthy of being seen by the public. I just don't feel the need to boost my own work. It speaks for itself.

"I'm going to study with a few people from class at Katie's for a few hours and then I have classes for the rest of the day. I won't be in until late so don't wait up for me, kay?"

"Gotcha." I washed the soap from my body before turning the shower off reluctantly. I loved being in the water. Whether it be in the shower or swimming in the ocean. My mother used to call me a little fish when I was younger. I smiled slightly at the memory. Snatching the towel down from the rod, I toweled off before wrapping it around my waist and stepping out into the cold. I rushed back into my room which was slightly warmer than the bathroom, and closed the door behind me. I picked out a grey cropped hoodie and matching sweats along with an olive green bomber jacket.