Strawberry Whiskey Sour

Unedited.

The remainder of the gala was uneventful, per usual. I smiled and shook the hands of old people who had nothing better to do with their money than donate absurd amounts to charities and buy artwork. From my understanding they believe one of the countless paintings they buy will become undeniably famous and they'll be the one holding it for ransom. They sell it for nearly one hundred times what they actually bought it for and then they redistribute the money among their grandchildren to sustain their lame familial status and gloat in their rich comrades' faces. I've been watching these old snobs for the last three years so you could say I've picked up a few things along the way. If I ever become that rich, at least I'll know how to make sure I never go broke.

My paintings were surprisingly the two most bid on for the night. The one of the screaming girl, which remained unnamed, sold for $850,000. The jellyfish painting, which I named 'Apnea', sold for $975,000. That means I made one million, eight hundred twenty-five thousand dollars. I left the building one rich ass bitch. I never made more than $5,000 in one night and all of which went to my mother's medical bills and my own bills. The bidders were anonymous sadly but I do know the same person bought both of my paintings. I wish I could get their names so I could personally thank them but Mikey wouldn't give up their info no matter how I begged. He also wouldn't take a 30% cut off the money like he does to everyone else who sells their work out of The Zoo , which I wouldn't be surprised about because he's never done so with me.

I'm planning on taking the gang out tonight to celebrate, a plan I devised last night while I laid awake at two am since I was too happy to sleep. Currently, its four in the afternoon and I'm waiting around the apartment for Thaleia to get out of her last class at five. Monday's were her early nights.

"What the hell am I gonna do with this money?" I questioned myself aloud for the hundredth time today while sitting on my bed. I know if I just go splurge the money it'll all go down the drain along with my life and everything I hold dear if those people who win the lottery are anything to go by. Un-managed money is a terrible thing so I need to find something useful to do with my money that won't leave me penniless and sad in the long run. Investing in a business should suffice, but which one is the question.

I grabbed my laptop from underneath my bed where I usually kept it while I'm not using it

I grabbed my laptop from underneath my bed where I usually kept it while I'm not using it. I typed 'Good businesses to invest in currently' into the Google search engine and skimmed through the results. Of course there were the typical ones: Amazon, Pinterest, Facebook, blah blah blah. I don't want to invest in those businesses though. Everybody and their mama owns stocks in those businesses. How about something local? I tweaked my search and the results I found were mostly small start up businesses that weren't super prominent yet.

Styles Enterprises. That caught my eye for sure. Styles Enterprises was definitely very prominent back home in the UK. "Why didn't I think of this first? Duh Louis." I scolded myself. I've seen Styles Enterprises practically everywhere. On television, in magazines, on my can of tomato soup probably. They have a hand in a wide range of other businesses. The CEO owes like half of everything in Europe. I mean I'm exaggerating but he also just might. America was no doubt next seeing as they've just recently expanded here. This is the perfect place to start. I quickly go to their website and click the contact button which redirects me to a list of email addresses. I don't see one for the CEO so the COO will have to do.