5

AN: Heloooo all..... yes, new update, no it won't be every day. I just created a backlog of these chapters because I was bored. I am still bored and trying to ignore my thesis research for the day >_< . So yes, more writing and you guys get more reading. On another note, I now have to find a new headset for my laptop cause ever 2 years this one just went kaput. It is so hard to find a new headset..... (I especially like the one with the big poofy earmuffs) <---- I have no clue what they are really called. But enough of my ramblings.

I also want to take the opportunity to answer some of my readers' questions. While of course I can't give out spoilers.... I can certainly be a little evil. XD

IcyForest asked: "I feel sorry for Hiccup in this one. But I haven't seen Astrid yet. Is she from the people who fled through Project Genesis perhaps?"
Answer: "I know I haven't touched upon Astrid yet and that's deliberate. I know you guys are all wondering where she is, what she's doing, who she's beating up perhaps?" ;)
Astrid will be making an appearance soon, give or take.... 3 chapters.... In what capacity? hmmmmm (Zips lips) 

Chapter 5

The group stared at Fishlegs like he had grown a second head. "What?" Fishlegs asked as he stared back.

"How do you know that?" Snotlout asked with a frown. "Satellites are basically useless now. Trackers wouldn't work."

"It doesn't work with satellites," Fishlegs answered. "I was worried that when our scouting party got into trouble they wouldn't be able to find us but Gobber said he had a surefire way."

"Well man, don't keep us in suspense!" Tuffnut, the ever curious one, said. He winced as he tried to fold his arms, forgetting that one was in a sling.

"Gobber installed Radio frequency trackers in all vehicles. It wouldn't give us the exact location but close enough." Fishlegs explained.

"Radio trackers?" Ruffnut asked. "That's 21st century tech."

"Yeah, but you have to admit it works." Fishlegs stated. "With the way the world is right now, you have to think old school sometimes."

"I'm guessing Gobber has the tracker." Ruffnut said.

"Yes, I just don't know where he keeps it."

"Leave that part to us." Ruffnut said. "We can get the tracker."

"We can?" Tuffnut questioned.

"Yes we can you doofus." Ruffnut retorted and hit her brother on the head. Just because his arm was injured didn't mean she'd go easy on him. "You guys get some supplies and get the ATVs running."

"Wait... who made you boss?" Snotlout questioned and Ruffnut pinned him with such a fierce glare that had him snapping his mouth shut and taking a step back.

"Dude, never mess with a twin IOU." Tuffnut said as he stood up. When the twins left Snotlout looked at Fishlegs and mumbled "You ever have that feeling that the twins can be super scary?"

"All the time man. All the time." Fishlegs answered.

Meanwhile, Hiccup approached the end of the asphalt road and his eyes widened. Even in the dark he could see the silhouette of that was before him. The road stopped in front of a dented in chain link fence that lead to a dam. A working hydroelectric dam if the lights on top of the control house below were any indication. The lights were old and faint but the fact that they were on told Hiccup that the dam was very much operational, which shouldn't have been the case.

When the Genesis ships took off the Earth was left in disarray. Government officials, engineers, scientist and other important people had fled into space to save themselves, leaving places like these unattended. There was no oversight and workers that did most of the upkeep of the dams, railway stations, and other municipal buildings just stopped coming to work. The riots that had broken out made it unsafe for people to travel and many, according to the stories the previous generations told, had stayed at home, huddled together with their families wishing that the worst would be over.