16

Chapter 16

To say that Hiccup was nervous for the past three days was an understatement. He went about helping Gobber and some of the other Berkians with their tasks but one thought still kept nagging him. 'My date with Astrid is tonight and I have no idea what to expect!'

Astrid had been pretty tight-lipped about how the date would go. She did promise that they would be meeting 'in person' for it and that he shouldn't worry and let her plan this one, but Hiccup was worried. Even Fishlegs noticed it when he came back to their now shared rooms at night.

"Hiccup chill," Fishlegs said as he was playing some type of game on a holographic screen. It looked like a worm or a snake that kept getting bigger.

"How can I chill?" Hiccup asked. "I've never been on a date before. Heck, what even applies as an ordinary date?" He then asked. "You can't even take a girl for a ride anymore on an ATV without the scenario of being attacked by raiders.

"I think Astrid was right to plan this date. You are way too nervous." Fishlegs said and then frowned as his snake bumped into its own body and the 'Game Over' sign flashed. "Hiccup, just relax," Fishlegs, the ever calm one, said.

"Right..... Right.... Relax." Hiccup mumbled. "I'm just going to go to my room.

"Have fun!" Fishlegs said as Hiccup made his way across the living room. The door to his room opened automatically and once it was closed behind him he asked "Can you at least give me a hint of what you're planning?"

"You wanted to see me right?" Astrid spoke through the headset.

"YES! Of course!"Hiccup answered with a blush. "But how?"

"Why don't you let me worry about the intricate details Hiccup." Astrid chuckled. "All I need you to do is to lie on the bed and fall asleep."

"Wait what?" Hiccup asked confused. Astrid chuckled and he supposed it was part of the surprise she had in store. He took a deep breath and went to the bed. No time like the present to go on a date with an A.I. he supposed. As he laid down and stared at the ceiling that was illuminated in artificial light he started to drift off. The events of the day were catching up to him and with one final yawn he started to drift off.

"Hiccup......"

"Hiccup........ Wake up....." A female voice pricked his ears as he was gently shaken awake. He opened his green eyes a fraction and he saw the blurry image of a woman standing over him. His eyes widened and he sat up rather suddenly, knocking his forehead against his by accident.

"Ouch!" they both said as Hiccup finally got a good look at her. She was a bit shorter than him, azure eyes, blonde hair done up in an intricate bun and for some reason she was wearing a lot of leather. And boy did he mean a lot. Hiccup's eyes traveled downwards and he took in the very form-fitting and stylish leather jumpsuit. There was a zipper on the front and it was pulled down just enough to show off her neck and collarbones but not her........ Bust. Hiccup blushed when he realized she was sitting on him, with her legs on either side of his hips.

"Uh..... uhm... eh..... Who...... who are you?" Hiccup managed to sputter as his face glowed at the compromising position. The woman stood up, her black heeled boots clicking slightly as she offered Hiccup a hand. Hiccup took it hesitantly and was pulled up with surprising strength.

"Take a guess Hiccup," The woman smiled as she twirled. "How do you like my look?"

"A.....ASTRID!" Hiccup choked out as his eyes widened. "Who.... what ha... how!!!" Hiccup's eyes then widened further when he realized that the entire area around him was pure white. "Where am I even?!"