18 / crazy little thing called love

years pass and Brian and i stay happy and together. Queen is getting more and more successful and now they're on their way to a world tour. i'm so proud of them. Freddie loses the hair and even grows a proper mustache, John gets a perm which suits him very well, and Roger cuts his hair a bit shorter. although everyone else's physical appearance changes, Brian's long curly hair stays the same and he never plans on changing it. i love that about him. he doesn't have to change himself for anyone. at the release party for their new album, The Game, Roger gets more drunk than usual and starts stripping. thankfully, Freddie stops him and drags him away from the center of the crowd. Brian sticks close by me and John sits alone somewhere as usual. Brian brought his camera and is snapping photos of everything, including me of course. Freddie runs around and starts passing out free records of the album. Brian holds it in front of him admiring the cover art.
"i really do look good in leather" he says.
"and those sunglasses" i reply. he giggles. "you should wear those more often." they put a lot of work into the album and i hope it does well in the eyes of the public. Sail Away Sweet Sister is one of my favorites on the album. i was there in the studio when Brian was recording it, enjoying every second of hearing him sing his heart out.

my heart is always with you
no matter what you do
sail away sweet sister
i'll always be in love with you

Brian and i talked about having children but with Brian touring, it would be hard for him to be there all the time. but to my shock and happiness, i'm expecting. Brian doesn't know yet and i might tell him tonight. after a bit of hanging around watching people get wasted out of their minds, i pull Brian away from the crowd into a bedroom. he gets the idea that i want to do something and raises his eyebrows.
"god, Brian, i don't want to do that. here" i say putting my hands on my hips. he laughs.
"then why'd you bring me in here?"
"i have to tell you something"
"what is it, love?"
"i-i think i might be expecting.. i didn't get my period last month and i was scared that something was wrong but then i took a pregnancy test.. and it's positive" i say, playing with my fingers nervously. Brian stares at me shocked. he softly places his hands on my waist.
"really?! you're serious! oh my god!" Brian says his smile growing. i giggle, tears well up in my eyes.
"we're gonna be parents" i choke out. he hugs me tightly but carefully. we hold each other for a bit and i suggest we go downstairs.
"better not drink then" Brian says. i laugh and nod. his curly hair bouncing as we run down the stairs.
"I'M GONNA BE A FATHER, JOHN" Brian screams into John's face, shaking him out his trance.
"hey, what'cha gotta be so loud for- OH WOW BRIAN THAT'S AMAZING! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!" John starts jumping up and down with Brian and i giggle at their goofiness. John hugs me tightly beaming at me. it's smiles all around. soon the party is coming to a close since most of the people are passed out drunk. Freddie's off with someone i assume and so is Roger. John, Brian, and i leave on our own terms and we part in the driveway.
"best of luck to you. parenting is hell but so worth it. i'm always around for advice if you need it. also Veronica's just a call away if you need anything from her as well" John says. i nod and hug him again. Brian and i get in the car. we sit there in silence for a minute until Brian speaks.
"you know i'm so glad i met you."
"that was the only time crying ever got me anywhere." he laughs and grips my hand. i lean over and kiss him lightly on the cheek.
"let's go home?" i ask. he nods and we drive him. on the way, i think about how far we've come, how just one night can change your life. one quiet night in the library missed and i never would have met the love of my life. and now we're going to share our lives together and have children. oh how much i thank Brian. one night really can change your life.

the end