Chapter 7- Pick-Pocketing a Superhero

Ok I know I've been slacking off a little so I've made this chapter long for you guys ;)

--------------------

February 14, 2016

35H-GQ woke up the next morning with an aching body. She blinked her eyes a few times to adjust to the morning sun. She looked around and remembered that she slept on the floor of her very messy and very empty room. Chills was gone and so was everything she owned. She yawned and tried to stretch her arms but flinched when the pain increased.

'Great...Just great.' 35H-GQ thought sarcastically. 'I could have slept on my bed like a normal person, but noooooo, I just had to go and sleep on the floor'

She mentally scorned at herself and got up slowly as her back throbbed from sleeping on the ground. When she was finally on her feet she looked around with a frown. Well now that she had nothing at all, it looked like she had to go back to stealing. Of course, she didn't want to, but at the moment she had no other choice. She needed to pay for the rent of the booth, she needed more clothes-she can't wear those rags forever-, and she really needed food. It's been more than 2 days since she last ate a full meal.

She wrinkled her nose as her stomach growled every few minutes. She quickly got dressed, stuffed Gypsy in her pockets, and made her way out.

As she walked outside, something rested on her nose. She waved it off and noticed it was a.......no way! A snowflake! That's perfect.

She smiled in relief as she remembered all those times the cold had sped up her healing process. Cold temperature had always acted as an antidote for her.

Not only did it cool her down after her powers had taken their toll on her, it also helped heal her injuries. It never healed them completely, but still. It was better than nothing.

She knew it was not normal to get cured by cold temperature, and she knew it had something to do with the chemicals HYDRA had put in her blood. But really, since when had she been normal. At least this was useful.

35H-GQ took off her jacket and wrapped it around her waist as snowflakes slowly covered her grey shirt. As the cold breeze blew on her body, she felt a few bruises heal.

Slowly she felt her broken nose adjust back in place. She touched it, but flinched in pain. That meant that it didn't completely mend and that she probably still had a dark bruise on her face.

Bummer.

She smiled slightly to herself and started walking to Times Square to get money. As she walked there, she got weird looks from people. Most of them were looks of confusion, but some were of outright disgust. She frowned at them, but then realized they were looking at her hickies. She rolled her eyes-ignoring the pang of pain in her chest-and continued walking to Times Square.

She stopped in the middle of Times Square and observed the people. She looked around trying to find a suitable victim.

Out of the corner of her eyes, she spotted a man in a very expensive looking suit. The man had on a dark blue 3 piece suit with his back towards her, so she couldn't see his face. He was the perfect target because he was distracted, talking into a phone. 35H-GQ looked down to his pockets and...

Bingo

She found a wallet. She smirked to herself and started walking towards the man with her eyes directed the ground. She bumped his shoulder harder than she intended to and his phone flew out of his hand. She didn't dare to look back because she had already snatched his wallet and she didn't want to get caught pick-pocketing.