Chapter 29- I...I Can Hear You

Hey.... sorry for the delay, but I've been so busy with buying school supplies and stuff...

Anyways, hope you like this chapter ;)

--------------------

March 6, 2016

Beep

Beep

Beep

"-that's all, thanks for watching Channel 6 News and have a great evening-"

"-no, I already told F.r.i.d.a.y. to take care of that... I'm sure... ok thanks, hun. Love you, bye-"

Voices blended together, creating lots of noise, disturbing the peace and quiet she'd been in for God-knows-how-long. She slowly started to open her eyes, wincing when bright lights assaulted her sensitive eyes. Feeling disoriented, she tried to take in her surroundings, feeling more irritated than surprised when she realized she was in a hospital.

She sat up and rubbed her eyes when she saw someone making their way towards her. She frowned a little when she saw Tony's face break into a bright smile. He walked closer to her and softly stroked her hair.

"How are you feeling, kid?" He asked gently.

Robin frowned even more and stared at him, mouth slightly ajar

Robin frowned even more and stared at him, mouth slightly ajar. She swallowed hardly and shook her head. She couldn't- how... how was it possible? After so long... she could hear? What the fuck? That kind of thing didn't happen.

Unless......

She turned to Tony, wide-eyed, her eyes filled with cautious hope. Tony smiled warmly when he realized what she was surprised about.

"I... I can hear you." She whispered so softly, afraid of it being a dream.

"I made them for you." Tony whispered back and gently taking her hands in his own and putting them on the hearing aids. "An apology... from me."

"Th-Thank you." Robin said, her eyes shining with unshed tears. Determined that she wouldn't cry again, she smiled slightly, forcing her emotions down for now. "What...happened? How long have I been out?"

"It's been 2 weeks..." Tony said then sighed. "About what happened..."

Tony explained how he went after Steve and Bucky after discovering that the therapist murdered the real therapist. He explained Zemo's plans and how he had a video tape of his parents getting murdered by none other than Bucky. He explained how he lost control when he found out that Steve knew about it and never said a thing. He explained about the fight that broke out between him, Bucky, and Steve until they left him beat up black and blue. He talked and talked until he could no more and hesitantly looked at Robin.

"...I'm sorry." Robin said softly with a sympathetic face.

"What...?" Tony frowned and looked up at her. He thought she would have been furious after he went and fought Bucky. He thought he would have to apologize a million times just to get her to speak to him. He dared a small smile- that girl would never stop surprising him, it seemed.

"About your parents... I know how close you were to your mother..." she said sadly, returning his smile with a slightly bigger one. "I guess now I know who my grandparents are..."

Tony pulled her into a hug. He wanted to say so much to her, but it seemed the only way to show her how grateful he was that she understood was that. She relaxed into the hug, trying to absorb all the new information. She was a bit disappointed at Steve for keeping a big secret from Tony, but she was glad they were able to escape to safety- even if she'll never get to see them again.

Robin desperately wanted to change the subject and focus on something else. So she looked at Tony with the best innocent hazel eyes she could make and asked.

"How did you do it?" She asked after pulling away from the hug. "How did you make me hear again?"

"Well, it wasn't simple. I had to analyze your ears and how they reacted to certain things....it took more than one prototype.." Tony started explaining, feeling more comfortable talking about something else. He knew she wanted to change the subject, and, well, he did, too. "Turns out you have a very weak spot of telepathy. The telepathy made it easier to locate sound, but because it was so weak, it couldn't translate the sound. I guess it would just feel like vibrations or a tingle in the back of your head, but I don't really know...Although, it wasn't very strong, it helped into creating the hearing aids that perfectly matched your conditions."

"Huh... makes sense." Robin said and got up from her bed.

"What are you doing? You need to rest." Tony said with a worried look.

"No way! I wanna listen to stuff!" She said brightly, looking like a kid in a candy store. "It's been so long, I think... I think I forgot how music sounds! "

Tony sighed a bit before smiling again. He looked down at Robin and got up next to her.

"Hey, F.r.i.d.a.y? " he asked.

"Yes, sir?"

"Start playing R&R Playlist" He said as Robin smiled brightly at him.

Slowly AC/DC- Back in Black started playing as Tony and Robin danced like they had nothing to worry about

Slowly AC/DC- Back in Black started playing as Tony and Robin danced like they had nothing to worry about. They laughed and jumped around, forgetting all about their worries for a second, losing themselves to the music, acting like a normal family for once.

Unfortunately, their worries weren't unfounded, and there were a million things for them to worry about...

--------------------

So, what do think? I know it's pretty short, but I promise there is more to come.

This isn't the end, yet

Love, Zendaya's wife ❤️

August 30, 2019

Word Count: 932

Vote

Comment

Share