Chapter 18- Bucky Fucking Barnes

I got lazy with the title, sorry

–\/('°•°')\/–

Made a little sketch of 35H-GQ above.
--------------------

"Winter is...?" Steve whispered, his eyes wide as a doe's

"Bucky." 35H-GQ finished his sentence. She looked up at him and realized he looked white as a sheet, with his mouth hanging open- a very accurate imitation of an owl.

"You knew?" Steve asked, disappointment lacing his voice.

"I'm sorry...?" 35H-GQ said doubtfully.

"It's ok, I'm just...just shocked..that's all." Steve said and sat down on chair. He sighed and looked up at her with a frown. "But why didn't you tell us?"

"I..I didn't know you...or, well- didn't trust you." She said and rubbed her neck awkwardly. "and to be honest I still don't."

"We're the Avengers! Why wouldn't you trust us?" Sam asked a bit indignantly .

"Hmmm, let's see...........You put me in a cage and cuffed me to a bed only because you thought I was a volunteer....Yeah, I think that pretty much covers it" 35H-GQ said sarcastically. "But I don't understand, why me? Witchy over here was a volunteer and you never did that to her."

"And why, pray tell, do you know that?" Vision asked, trying very hard to keep his composure. He couldn't hid the confusion and shock from his expression, though- That was classified information, or was supposed to be. How in the world did a little girl know about it?

"Simple: I hacked into Stark's systems like, a year ago or something." 35H-GQ answered. "To be honest it wasn't that easy, but really Stark, you gotta update your systems."

Tony's eyes grew twice in size and his mouth hung open. If anything was in his mouth, well, it would've been introduced to the floor by now.

"Yea, she's definitely yours." Rhodes said calmly and took a sip from his drink. He had had enough, and at this point he just didn't care.

"You hacked my systems?!?" Tony exclaimed

"Err...sorry" 35H-GQ said uncertainty. "But back to my question, why the hell did you lock me up?"

"It wasn't our plan." Rhodes said. "Natasha and Maira decided that you were too dangerous to be kept in a room."

"Oh wow, and how I loved being held in a cage like I'm Loki or some bloody alien." 35H-GQ said sarcastically.

"How did you know-" Steve started.

"I also hacked into SHIELD's systems." 35H-GQ answered.

Suddenly, Steve's phone buzzed. He took it out and opened his new messages. The whole room frowned when Steve's normally soft and gentle look turned into a cold stony one.

"Cap?" Sam asked

"They found him. We have to go." He said and stood up. He turned to Tony as Tony frowned at him. "Tony leave this one to me. I can handle him."

Tony contemplated what he said for a while before- "Fine, But don't forget. I'm watching you."

"Wait! What's happening? Who found who? Is it Winter?" 35H-GQ asked rapidly and stood up from her seat.

"Calm down, kid." Tony said. "Yes, they found him, but that doesn't-"

"I wanna go!" 35H-GQ yelled excitedly.

"Oh no, you're not going." Tony said and pushed her lightly back into the couch.

"Why not? I want to see Winter!" 35H-GQ whined.

"No you'll stay here. It's going to be too dangerous out there." Tony said "He's an ex-HYDRA assassin- not a really kid-friendly guy."

"I don't care! I want to see him!" 35H-GQ argued. "You can't tell me what to do!"

"Look kid-" Tony said and crouched in front of her.

"Stop calling me that!" 35H-GQ said annoyingly. "I bet you don't even remember my name-"

"35 H G Q?" Tony said. He smirked. Well, that shut her up quickly. "Look, I know you really want to see him, but it's too dangerous. You told us that he was brainwashed and he wouldn't think twice before shooting. Even if he did remember, there's going to be agents, bullets, and shields flying all over the place, and we can't let you risk your life over something so small. You're too important to lose, ok? I'm not trying to take you away from your father, I promise. I just don't want you to get hurt. Do you understand?"

35H-GQ didn't look up or move for that matter- the only sign that she was understanding him was the swift nod she gave him. He smiled softly and gave her shoulder a squeeze before she sat back on the couch. She understood every word Tony said, but she didn't care. She could protect herself, and she had not taken orders from anyone for years, so why should she start now? She was gonna sneak into the jet as they take off, maybe even get to try to use her newly discovered powers. She smirked internally, giving herself a mental high five, as she looked up at Tony with a pout.

"Don't give me that look." He said. "I promise to take you to Barnes, but after he's secure."

35H-GQ rolled her eyes and looked up at Steve who was typing something on his phone. He looked up from his phone and turned to Sam.

"Sam?" He said and Sam raised an eyebrow in question. "Suit up."

--------------------

Hey guyssss! So yeah, today's chapter is really short sorry, but exams are around the corner and I don't have enough time.

Talking about exams, or finals, next week my finals are starting so there is a huge chance I'm not uploading anything for 2 weeks. Maybe even 3, idk.

P.S
I love everyone who has supported this book! You're all amazing!

Love, Zendaya's wife ❤️

April 15, 2019

Word Count: 960

Vote

Comment

Share