She's A Rainbow

Jonah's P.O.V.

I parked outside of Ivy's house, turning off the car. I haven't been staying at my house since my uncle pretty much forgot about me. You know I don't really have a family, but Ivy is enough of a family for me. I always thought that I could never love because my family never gave a fuck about me and I have never received love. I mean Markus has shown me love, but as friends. I just never got love so I thought I could never love, but looking down at Ivy sleeping with that cute little smile on her face, I think I can. I think I can love now.

Ever since I first met Ivy I just wanted to spend all my time with her. I wanted to wake up seeing her beautiful face, I wanted to spend my good and bad days with her, I wanted to spend my nights on her roof, staring up at the stars with her. Our stars. They don't come out much but I know Ivy just loves them, and so do I. They actaully mean something to us.

I got out of the car and walked around to Ivy's door. I opened it and leaned down to pick her up. She started to move a little bit, "Shh princess, go back to sleep" I whispered to her.

I unlocked her house with the key she had given me and then I took off her shoes and made sure she was comfortable. Then I took off her glasses, god I love those glasses, they always slide down her nose but it's so cute. I grabbed a blanket that was laying on the recliner and I covered her up with it.

She kept smiling which meant she was having a good dream. I chuckled at this. It seems like everytime she smiles I want to smile, and everytime she laughs I want to laugh. Seeing her happy makes me happy. I'm so happy that she isn't having a nightmare though. Sometimes she has bad nightmares because of her parents and I know it's really difficult for her. But at least she's having a happy dream.

I made a place for me to sleep on the ground next to her. I didn't want to leave her side for some reason.

I reached up and grabbed her hand, "Goodnight my love" I whispered. I need to tell her I love her, soon. She means so much to me and she needs to know.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next day was going by great. Ivy and I both had to work later on in the day but now we're both at home just chilling out.

We're like an old married couple.

That sounds like something Markus would say.

No, Markus did say that.

At the moment Ivy and I are in her kitchen listening to music while cooking dinner. We were dancing around each other while moving plates and pots and pans around.

We were listening to She's a Rainbow by The Rolling Stones. It was Ivy's favorite song. She really likes old music, which is something else I love about her. I was never really interested in old music until she introduced me to it. It's actually pretty fucking cool.

We finally finished making dinner and we went and sat in the living room to eat. I sat on one end of the couch and Ivy sat on the other end, while we watched Friends.

Once we were done I took our plates into the kitchen and washed them off. While I was cleaning I felt arms wrap around my stomach. I turned around and wrapped my arms around the person, knowing it was Ivy.

I smiled at her and pushed her glasses up her nose. "Hi baby" she blushed a little at this. She always blushes when I call her something other than princess. It's adorable.

"Can we go sit on the roof, I looked outside and the stars are out" she said excitedly. "Yeah c'mon" I threw off Ivy's apron. I always wear it in the kitchen, it's a little bit tight but whatever. It makes me look like a classy suburban mom, and classy suburban mom's are great.

We ran up to Ivy's room and got out on the roof. I layed down and Ivy layed down next to me, not too close though.

We sat there and were quiet for a while. I reached down and grabbed her hand and she wrapped her little fingers around mine. I rubbed the back of her hand with my thumb and she sighed seeming content.