5. Get Your Act Together

Almost every night, Sherlock woke up screaming from the haunting nightmares. After two months, his roommate filed a complaint. He moved out with the permission of the Dean, now Sherlock had the room all to himself.

That afternoon, Mycroft visited him after receiving a phone call from the Dean. "You can't go on like this. You need professional help, Sherlock."

He brushed his fingers through his hair and held onto his head, yelling. "I can deal with this on my own, stop whining."

"Well, you've been here for more two months and I don't see any progress."

Sherlock jumped up from the bed. "Why did you nag me to come here? You should've left me in Liverpool."

Mycroft's face flushed. "You refused to go back to that university. I couldn't allow you to throw four years of study down the bloody drain," he cried out. "I thought I did good to bring you here, but apparently not." He stood up from the chair, leaned on his umbrella and glared at his brother. "Get your act together, Sherlock. I don't want another call from the Dean, ever." He walked over to the door, opened it and turned around. "Make some friends, for god's sakes."

Sherlock grimaced, accentuating his words as he announced. "I don't need friends." He fell down on his bed, turned his back on the door and pulled his knees up to his chest.

Mycroft glanced at him and shook his head while leaving the room.

Sherlock jumped up when the door shut. He took the violin case out of the cupboard, locked his door and rushed over to the music room.

Since he took up violin lessons two months ago, he practiced every day. He was a quick learner and could play a piece of music after a month.

Willa was locking up when he came running down the corridor. "Hello love, I was wondering where you were."

"Can't I practice for just thirty minutes?"

She smiled, unlocked the door and turned back to him. "I want this back before eight tomorrow morning," she said when she handed him the set of keys.

He took it from her. "I promise."

"Don't let anybody else in."

"I won't." He shut the door after she left and took his usual place at the back of the room. He played the piece of music he practiced, flawless.

Sherlock lowered the violin and stared blankly in front of him, recalling Mycroft's words. He was not going to make friends. He was perfectly fine on his own. He had to get his act together, though. Exams started next week and he didn't open a book, yet. He was neglecting his studies and could only blame himself for it.

Professor Linder passed the music room on his way home, when he noticed the light was still on. He glanced through the window and smiled. He opened the door and gazed at the beautiful man. "Mister Holmes, I didn't know you played the violin?"

Sherlock flung around and gasped aloud. "Professor Linder, what are you still doing here?"

He stepped closer. "I give extra classes three times a week. Where is Professor Casseli?"

He frowned. "Do you mean Willa?"

The professor arched a brow. "Yes, Willa."

"She left a few hours ago. She gave me her keys to lock up when I'm done."

"So, you missed supper, it's past six already." He took a deep breath. "I'm on my way to a diner. You want to join me?"

Sherlock's heart started racing. His eyes grew large when he recalled the last time he went home with one of his professors. "I um... can't. No thanks, I have to study." He put the violin and the bow in the case and shut it. "I have to go."