10. Meeting DI Lestrade

Mycroft made a rule to visit his brother on a regular basis to keep an eye on him and to see if he coped. Sherlock stayed drug free and picked up the weight he lost.

One day while sitting in a diner, Mycroft arrived with an unknown man on his side. Sherlock gazed at them, deducing the man. He was a police officer, perhaps a private investigator. He wore a wedding ring recently. Why did he take it off?

Sherlock furrowed his brows. He recognized the look on the man's face. He was attracted to Mycroft – smitten to be exact. The man couldn't stop smiling neither could he take his eyes off him.

He drew the waiter's attention before he stood up.

The waiter rushed over to him. "Your food will be ready any minute, Sir."

"Yes, I'm sure. I'm joining them." He pointed to his brother's table. "Would you serve me there?"

"No problem, Sir."

Sherlock smiled as he strolled over to his brother. He stopped behind him and placed his hands on his shoulders while bending down. "Fancy seeing you in a place like this," he whispered in his ear.

Mycroft gasped when he jerked his head around.

"I'm his brother, Sherlock," he said and held his hand out to the man.

He jumped up, took his hand and introduced himself. "Lestrade, Greg Lestrade." He remained standing and gazed at Mycroft.

"Oh for heaven's sake sit down, Greg. You too, Sherlock."

"Business or pleasure?" he asked after taking a seat.

Mycroft glared at his brother. "None of your business."

"Then it must be pleasure," he said, smiling.

Greg glanced at the two brothers. "Would you excuse me for a second," he said, stood up and left the table.

"What are you doing here, Sherlock?"

He scoffed at him. "I can ask you the same thing. This is not your usual dining place."

Mycroft rolled his eyes. "He can't afford a grand restaurant on his salary."

Sherlock arched a brow. "And how would you know? Oh wait, you work for the government. You logged into his bank account before dating him. Why do you keep him a secret?"

"I don't. I would've brought him along to meet you on Saturday."

"He's quite handsome."

Mycroft's face flushed. "Yes, isn't he?"

"Good catch, Mycroft. Where did you meet?"

"He was working on a case, MI6 took over."

"Police officer?"

"Yes, detective inspector at New Scotland Yard."

Greg returned, brushed his hand over Mycroft's shoulder as he passed him and took place next to him again. "Sorry I kept you waiting."

"You didn't, love. I was just telling Sherlock how we met."

His eyes enlarged. "I thought you said we have to keep it a secret."

"He's my brother, we don't have secrets." He turned to Sherlock and smirked. "Do we, brother mine?"

"That's debatable."

Mycroft kicked him under the table, turned back to Greg and smiled. "Decided what to order from the menu yet, dear?"

"No." He grabbed the menu lying on the table next to him. "Give me a few minutes."