14. Mycroft and Greg Come For Dinner

John didn't wait for the end of that following week to relocate. He moved in two days later. He accompanied Sherlock to every crime scene, helped him searching for clues and solving cases.

Almost two months later, he met Mycroft in a peculiar way.

John returned from shopping when a black sedan with tinted windows stopped next to him. The chauffeur jumped out and opened the backdoor, ordering him to get it. After he refused, his cell phone rang. When he answered, a voice commanded him to get into the car. The person called him by his name and profession.

He sighed after the person dropped the call.

When he climbed into the car, his eyes enlarged when the man in the back spoke to him. "It was you on the phone. How did you know my number?"

Mycroft smiled. "Doctor John Watson, finally we meet."

He frowned. "How do you know me?"

"How is Sherlock? Is he behaving himself?"

John snorted. "Who are you and how do you know Sherlock?"

He pulled a face. "He never talks about me? That's a shame. We've come such a long way."

"Sod this, I'm getting out." He reached for the door handle. When he pulled it, the door didn't open.

Mycroft chuckled. "Sorry, kiddies lock. It opens only from the outside."

John reached for his phone. "I'm calling the police if I don't get answers from you soon."

"Oh you can try, they will laugh at you." He fiddled with his umbrella's handle. "I want you to keep an eye on Sherlock for me. I worry about him, constantly."

He snorted while shaking his head. "Are you an old boyfriend?"

"Oh god no, he's my little brother."

John rolled his eyes. "Why didn't you bloody say so in the first place? I'm staying there for nearly two months and you never visit him once. Why don't you stop by one afternoon? Come and see for yourself how he's doing." He bit on his teeth. "Now open this bloody door and let me out."

Mycroft tapped his umbrella against the window separating the driver from them.

The backdoor opened up seconds later.

John grabbed his shopping bag, jumped out and bent down glancing at him. "Why don't you come over for dinner tonight? I'm cooking."

"Oh how sweet. The two of you have cooking arrangements. May I bring, um, a plus one?"

He raised a brow and shrugged. "Bring whomever like." John shut the door and shook his head as the car drove off. What an odd man. He shook his head again before he walked off in the direction of the flat.

When John entered the flat, he found Sherlock on his back on the couch with his eyes shut and his hands together in front of his face. He raised a brow before he stepped into the kitchen and put the shopping bag on the table. "I met you brother just now," he said while emptying the bag. He frowned, let go of everything and walked back to the living room. "Did you hear me? I said I met your brother."
Sherlock opened his eyes and sighed. "Oh god, what did he want?"

"Not much, he was glad to meet me and he asked how you were."

"Did you tell him?"

"No, I've invited him for dinner so that he can see for himself."

He jumped up and glared at John. "Why did you do that for?"

"He's your brother, Sherlock. I'm living here for almost two months and I didn't know you had a brother. You never talk about him."