PART 2: FAITHLESS HERO, Ch. 1

1

He cannot pinpoint the exact moment when everything began to change for him.

But, perhaps, the term isn't "change," but "distortion." Yes, "distortion," because even the idea of change suggests that an object, or person, or notion, has been completely modified, that it has even been replaced. But, in his case, things did not change quite exactly, although there is something that doesn't make those things different at all. So, only "distortion" is what happened to him.

We can think about Him as an enemy to himself. He doesn't respect himself enough. He needs the path to be shown to him, constantly, with utmost caution. Even the greatest humans have suffered before encountering glory, and others, even when after reaching glory, they still suffer. But He is different. His distortion has a good purpose. His purpose is pure, innocent even, charming.

He has been tempted so many times, but, who hasn't? Who hasn't fallen prey to temptation? Temptations are everywhere. Temptations are part of nature; they are part of the human experience. Let's think about them as a privilege. Thinking men can be tempted. And some temptations lead to salvation.

This is what happened to Him. Temptation knocked on his door, calmly, knock after knock under the twilight sky in a dark day from the past. And salvation was offered him through the soft voice of a demon.

Because that's what I am. I use my power to guide people to their glory, even if some of them make mistakes in their path, it is my duty to show them the roads to glory. There is nothing more beautiful than seeing glory realized. That ideal is unreachable. Do you believe that ideals are fiction? Humans love fiction. They didn't create monsters for nothing. At some point, however, fiction is real. I am a demon who makes fiction become reality.

Let's say, for instance, that I can make your dreams come true by examining your stars and telling you what to do, and the date. Isn't it interesting? That is exactly how this demon works. And He listened to me, and now he is making his ideal a reality.

Life has been unfair to Him. Life doesn't have to be fair, but since I am a demon that can make people happy, I can help them... if they follow me.

So I showed Him the way.

Do you see those books in the attic, covered in dust, all alone by themselves, about to become illegible due to mold? Do you see the cat that climbed up the attic because a maid left the stairs unfolded?

I showed all of this to Him. He went up there because He is good, and, by trying to save the cat, salvation was shown to him.

The contents of those books... it really doesn't matter (occultist theory, nothing too serious). What matters is that He is here now, about to take that portion of glory that was destined to Him. That is the kind of things I can do. I know He is thinking the right things because His eyes sparkle when he thinks about His purpose.

But, even a demon has wishes.

This demon wishes to save those who have deranged from their paths. That is the only thing it wants. Deranging from your path of glory does nothing but making you miserable. Think about how sad you are now and, maybe, you will know the reason right away. Yes, this demon takes that bad thing out of you and clears the path for you. Because I adore seeing glory.

This demon knows that this human can make others' wishes become a reality.

When the stars showed her to me, She was standing next to Him. Hidden, hidden. She shines through the body of a human. But I know it's Her.

She is my salvation, if only He gives her to me.

His wish and my wish are a perfect situation.

He wants the power of the magnificent power, Lightning Scepter. That power is so great that can make the bearer the ability of controlling everything.

I think a second chance has been given to me.

The stars, whom I trust endlessly, told me to follow him, that man.

The Lightning Scepter, that he so much wishes, is not a problem for me. His path ends there, where the Lightning Scepter is.

There is so much glory for him.

Nevertheless, there is something in our path. It is fine, the path is never entirely clean. There is always some... dirt. Nothing that you can remove, of course, but this dirt is special.

She, who shines through a human vessel, is enslaved to someone else.

This person is my enemy.