Chapter 5

Dr. Keith Walker, DVM, didn't disappoint, a babe indeed.

Based on first appearances alone, Madison probably would've guessed he might have been in his early to mid-thirties, but she supposed, if blessed with good genetics perhaps closer to forty, especially if he'd been employed by her father for as long as Molly suspected.

Whatever his age, he looked damn good, she had to give Molly credit, a man that looked as good as Keith did would probably make almost any woman nervous. Madison put his height somewhere in the neighborhood of six feet, possibly even an inch or two north of there, and he was all lean muscle.

His shirt clung tightly to his broad shoulders and wiry frame, making her mouth want to water. She'd almost bet that under that button-up shirt of his, he owned a six pack of abs and one of those v-lines that led down to his... oh God, she needed to get ahold of herself, and fast! Directing her gaze back up to his face as he walked out to greet them, after locking the door behind himself, Madison noticed how intensely his eyes seemed to bore into hers.

He didn't even notice Molly standing there next to her, but stared directly into her eyes. That penetrating gaze of his, wow! As the sun backlit his appearance, his light-colored eyes seemed to glow. Madison had never seen eyes that color before, so cold, like green ice, and yet, there was heat in his gaze that shot straight through her while he took a second to look her over.

Keith had dark blonde hair long enough that it curled ever so slightly across his forehead, his brows darker and shapely, expressive even, and his eyelashes long, like those of a woman, framing his eyes and serving to make them even more electric than they would have been on their own.

His face was a dramatic combination of angles and contours, his chin strong, his jawline square. And he sported the perfect amount of facial hair to make him look more rugged than pretty. Madison found herself contemplating if he had dimples when he smiled, or if he got little crinkles around his eyes, it took all of her willpower not to drool.

No, Molly hadn't been kidding when she'd called the good doctor a total babe.

Not wanting to be ignored, Molly stepped in front of her, a big sloppy smile on her face. "Good morning, Keith." She beamed.

Though his eyes wavered a few times, Keith finally met Molly's gaze, the hard expression on his face softening ever so slightly. Madison had no clue why, but the way he looked at Molly made her jealous. She didn't want to question it, especially considering Molly's age, as if it made a difference, but she found herself wondering how close Molly and Keith might have been.

They talked for a couple of minutes, Madison blocking out every other word as her thoughts ran rampant, but she somehow managed to catch snippets of the conversation. Molly told Keith that Al had been too busy to bring Madison by and that she'd been asked to show her around some and leave her with Keith. Things Madison had already heard of course.

And Keith asked Molly how classes were going, to which Molly replied with fine, pulling out her cell phone and checking the time.

"Shoot," she exclaimed, looking quickly back up at Keith with a soft, sad, smile. "I really need to get going."

"Don't worry, I'll take care of her," Keith replied, his eyes lighting once more on Madison causing her to flush.

Something about the way he looked at her made Madison nervous. As if he looked right through her.

Molly backed away slowly, one shy smile after another, tucking her hair behind her ears as she repeatedly said goodbye. With a wave, Madison thanked Molly for showing her around, noticing that Keith's gaze never left her face. Probably sizing her up or something.