Chapter 18

Perched high up in an old oak tree, Sean watched the scene unfold below him, admiring his own handiwork. He still tasted her on his tongue, remembered her muffled pleas, and the stench of her fear. And he enjoyed it, all of it.

He'd met sweet adorable Kieri for the first time at a bar downtown, shortly after her altercation with Keith. She said she'd gotten off work a few minutes ago and really needed a drink. She looked beautiful with her dark windswept hair and those freckles on her face. She reminded him a little of that actress Isla Fisher, but without the red hair. Seemed a real shame he'd been told to kill her, well, almost.

He followed her from her office to a local grocery chain, intercepting her as she got out of her car. She'd been so surprised to see him, she dropped her phone in the process. Sean didn't give her time to recover, knocking her over the head as she leaned down to pick it up and shoving her into her car.

He drove her out to a secluded farm with a big barn, once used to house dairy cows, and long since abandoned. He rigged one of the stalls in order to tie her up with her arms spread wide, kneeling on the ground, and he used a special kind of slip knot, that once she woke up and began struggling, would get tighter and pull her higher with each tug.

It didn't take long before she stood on her tiptoes, screaming bloody murder for all the good it would do. No one would hear her out here.

Sean placed a tarp under her for easy cleanup and took the opportunity while she'd been knocked out to relieve her of her clothing as well. While not planning on raping her, which wasn't really his thing, he didn't want any loose fibers or anything of that nature to be found on her body.

Doing it this way made it easy to clean up his mess afterward. He'd even worn a hair net in addition to the gloves on his hands and boots. Sean remained nothing if not meticulous, hadn't Cybil told him that a dozen or so times already?

He also enjoyed being called cruel and sadistic.

When Kieri finally realized that no one would be coming to her rescue, she changed tactics, begging him not to hurt her instead. Pleading with him to let her go. She swore she wouldn't tell anyone.

Yeah, right... And Santa Claus was really the Easter Bunny.

With a few hours yet before the body could be discovered, Sean had decided to take his time, to fully enjoy the experience, although he still no idea what Cybil planned to do next, he had refused to take the opportunity for granted.

He'd spent fifteen years honing his skills, and developing a pattern before he'd met Cybil, and for the next seven years, they tore through the US together, Cybil getting her kicks as Sean grew into himself. She liked to play games, leave little clues for him to follow, the prize, a person of her choosing that she let him maim or murder to his heart's content.

All while Cybil stood by and watched. She really got off on that.

But since she'd left him alone this time, she didn't get to control how this happened, besides, she didn't care as she was too busy tracking down her pet and keeping tabs on him anyway. Sean still didn't understand what was so damned special about that guy. He wasn't any better looking than himself, and from what he'd learned through Martin, Cybil's right-hand man, he hadn't been nearly as fun either.

Ah well, he'd had better things to think about, turning back to Kieri who had struggled to keep her toes on the ground.

Snapping back into the present, he laughed to himself as he remembered how she'd looked. It really was a shame about Kieri, Sean usually only exterminated those that truly deserved it, while Kieri in all likelihood may have been an innocent.