3: The Letter

EDITED

"IT'S YOUR LETTER!" Anna exclaimed, grabbing Harry's arm and pulling him towards the window. Just as they were about to grab it, another owl perched on the windowsill, holding an identical letter.

It had Anna's name on it.

"What's going on in here?!" Logan Kendricks asked from the doorway. Everyone spun to face him. First, his eyes flitted to Violet's neon purple hair, then landed on Harry, whom he was never all that fond of. He clenched his jaw. "Well? Anyone care to explain? Why do I have a grape for a daughter, someone who doesn't even live here, and two owls all in my niece's room?!"

"Uhh..." Anna trailed off, knowing she was the one who needed to explain. "Heh, Violet's hair...yeah, sorry about that. Harry's here because his aunt and uncle won't let him get these letters that keep going to his house, so he came here for them...and that's what the owls have."

The tall man's gaze remained cold as he took the letters from the owls, skimming over the envelope's words. His eyes widened slightly, his heart sinking.

"These," he started, holding up the letters, "are dangerous. I don't want to hear another word of it from anywhere. If I do, the consequences will be...severe."

"Yes sir," muttered the three kids. Logan gave one last look of warning before leaving the room, his hand still clutching the letters.

"Harry...I'm sor-"

"No, no, it's fine. Thanks for the effort though," Harry said kindly, putting his hand on Anna's shoulder. Violet glanced between the two of them.

"Alright, lovebirds, I'm done here. Anna, I'll be sure to murder you later for this," she growled, tugging at her short purple hair. The two kids blushed, their eyes locking onto the floor. She left the room only to came back seconds later and say, "Harry, your uncle's here and he's not happy."

"Crap," he muttered, his green eyes shining with disappointment.

"I'll go with you if that helps," Anna offered and Harry nodded. The two went down to face a very angry Vernon Dursley. His big cheeks were flushed with anger and his bushy, overgrown mustache was twitching.

"Thinking you could get those letters, eh? How'd that work out for you?" Vernon asked condescendingly, obviously oblivious that the letters did in fact come. Anna's uncle stood next to Vernon, eyeing the kids carefully.

"They...didn't come..." Harry lied. The fat, rude man gave a laugh before seizing the boy by the shirt and dragging him out of the house without another word.

The slamming of a door was all that could be heard.

~=~

The day dragged on and, as promised, there was no talk of a letter or really any talking at all, for that matter. Anna's aunt was unknowing about the morning's events, as she could've slept through a stampede of Hippogriffs.

Suddenly, Anna heard a screeching noise from outside. She ran to the window and peered out, not believing her eyes.

"Oh no..." she trailed off sadly. The Dursleys' silver car sped off down the street. Although Anna only got a mere glimpse, she could see luggage piled up in the back and a raven-haired boy. She knew, for some odd reason, that they weren't coming back.

'No...I'll never be able to see Harry again...' thought Anna, her heart dropping. Just as tears welled in her eyes, there was a loud knock. She trudged to the door and opened it, trailing off when she saw the knocker "Can I help...uh..."

"'Ello, Anna, can I come in?" the huge guy asked. And when I say huge...I mean that dude's a frickin giant! The man had long brown hair, a beard, eyes that matched, and moleskin attire. He looked like a groundskeeper of some sort.