10: The New Seeker and Chaser

e d i t e d

Anna and Harry were currently standing outside of the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom. They were not waiting for class, but instead standing as Professor McGonagall ordered them to.

The two had just been caught breaking the rules by flying on their brooms after Madame Hooch specifically instructed them not to. No words were spoken as she led them down the corridor and left them at the door.

Fear coursed through the veins of the two first years. Despite this, Anna was ready to argue. She didn't care that Draco was her cousin, she was ready to rat him out for causing this.

"At least if we go home we'll still see each other," said Harry quietly.

Anna looked to him, unable to contain a smile. "We'll just find another school to go to. Hermione said there was one in America, I forgot what it was called...I think it was-"

The girl immediately stopped talking as the door opened. McGonagall emerged with a tall lanky brunette boy. His wide eyes flitted between the two first years as if he were analyzing them.

"Wood," started McGonagall, her voice light, "I believe I just found your new Chaser and Seeker!"

"Wait, I thought we were getting expelled?" Harry asked quickly.

The boy gave a laugh. "Well, right now you have two options...join the Quidditch team or go home. What will it be?"

Anna shook her head. "This is against the rules. It says first years can't play Quidditch-"

"Actually, all it says is that first years can't own brooms," interjected McGonagall with a small smile. "This gives room for special exceptions to be made."

Oliver Wood smiled. "This is brilliant. I couldn't find a good enough Seeker. As for Chaser...Angelina got into an accident during a summer practice. She's decided to let her arm heal and take this year off. Her broom was in even worse shape...bloody thing snapped."

"Erm, what is Quidditch?" Harry asked while Anna nodded, also not knowing anything.

"Well, it's only the best sport you'll ever play. Quidditch is not just a game, it's a lifestyle," said Oliver proudly, his eyes twinkling. "Since you two are a bit, erm, inexperienced, I'm going to have your first practice be just with me. Meet me at the Quidditch Pitch at 6 o'clock tomorrow evening. Does that sound like a plan?"

The two nodded and were dismissed from the corridor. They headed to the Gryffindor Tower, knowing Ron and Hermione would be there.

Upon entering the room, they saw their friends at a table in the back of the room, waving and approaching them.

"Merlin, how are you still here?" asked Ron incredulously.

Anna quirked an eyebrow, "My name isn't 'Merlin', Ronald."

"Hey, don't say my full name!"

Harry laughed saying, "We didn't get expelled...we actually got on the Quidditch team!"

Hermione gave a glare as she shook her head. "Well, I think you two should have been expelled...you broke the rules, flying when she specifically told you not to!"

"What a buzzkill...Hermione, you should be happy for us," said Anna with a frown.

"Oh, whatever. Fame may have gotten you two through this, but I hope you two don't rely on it forever," scowled Hermione before she gathered her belongings and left the dorm in a huff.

"What's her problem?" asked Harry.

"She was pretty upset about earlier...I reckon she's jealous. She couldn't even get the broom to get in her hand. She picked it up when nobody was looking," said Ron. "Finally, something she's bad at."