6: Platform 9 3/4

EDITED

"Here yeh go, yer train tickets. Don't lose 'em!" said Hagrid, handing the children each a small slip of paper. It was white with intricate gold detail and the words, 'Platform 9 ¾'.

"Hagrid, platform nine and three-quarters? There's no such thing." It was as if Harry could read Anna's mind. The two turned around and Hagrid was gone.

'Great, we have no idea how to get on the platform and now we're going to miss school. Thanks, Hagrid,' thought Anna bitterly.

Their hopes were lifted at a certain sight and statement. "It's funny how these muggles can be so clueless!" exclaimed a woman. She was plump with frizzy red hair and a kind, motherly expression. Harry and Anna glanced at each other and nodded before going over to her.

"Erm excuse me-"

"Ma'am, are you a witch?" Anna cut in bluntly.

"Why, yes I am!"

"How do we...yanno..." Harry trailed off as he watched an older boy run through the brick wall. His and Anna's jaws dropped.

"Oh, the platform? Well, Dear, you simply just go through the wall. I suggest running if you're a bit nervous, especially since it's your first time. It's Ron's first year too," she said with a smile, nudging her young son forward. He was slightly taller with bright blue eyes, rosy cheeks, and, of course, red hair.

"So, erm...we just...run?" asked Harry, unbelieving.

"Here, Fred can show you." They looked to two redheaded boys who were obviously twins.

"I'm George, not Fred! Honestly, you call yourself our mother?!"

"Sorry, George."

"I'm just kidding, I really am Fred!" said the boy cheerily before running through, his giggling twin following suit as their mother huffed. Meanwhile, Harry and Anna cast each other nervous glances.

"So, um, ladies first."

"Yeah, ladies first," Anna said, motioning for Harry to go. When he crossed his arms, she groaned. "Okay, fine. But if I crash I'll kill you, I'm serious." He laughed and she rolled her eyes, taking a deep breath and gripping the cart.

She pushed off hard and sprinted as fast as her legs could take her. Darkness surrounded the girl and she was through, leaving Harry alone on the other side.

Anxiety filled his gut. Where had she disappeared to? What if she was gone forever? Without thinking, he squeezed his eyes shut and darted after her, ignoring the fear tugging at his heart. When he opened his eyes, he gasped. 

Harry was, in fact, on a whole new platform. It was filled with tons of witches and wizards of all ages and looks, animals, and there was a glistening red train with steam billowing from its chimney######.

"BOO!" someone yelled in the boy's ear, shaking his shoulders. He jumped and spun around to see Anna laughing. Before he could retort, she said, "We should probably move before someone runs into us."

They walked away from the barrier and towards the conductor, who helped them with their carts. After many mews from Leah, Anna decided to take her with on the train ride, figuring her and Harry would have empty space in their compartment anyway.

The two boarded the train and were grateful they got on early since it was very easy to find a vacant compartment. Anna sat across from Harry, plopping her bag then herself down onto the blue cushioned seat.

After a few minutes of idle chat and Anna stroking her purring cat, the compartment door opened to reveal an awkward Ron. He shyly asked, "D'you mind if I sit here? Everywhere else is full."