chapter - 43

"what do you mean by that?" I say a bit loudly and suddenly she puts a finger on her lips while widening her eyes - signing me to say things a bit in lower tone.

"Step aside" she says as she comes in and then turns towards me.

"Why are you doing this to me mother?! Things are already hard for me" I run my hand through my hairs in frustration.

"Exactly , that's what I mean"

"Okay enough indirect talk mom, come to the point. What is it?"

"Jen , is a human so before thinking about any relationship with her always remember that she is not brought up the way demons and magicians had. You know what happened to your dad right? Now if you take another risk, I'll better back you off" she says in one breath with her face full of irritation

Her hand signs into the air and her body language clearly showing how much she doesn't want Jen and me together.

"The topic is irrelevant " I try to shrug it all off. I don't want any drama at night.

It was already hard for me and now she's making it worse

"I need to sleep" I walk towards the opened  door to open it more wider as a gesture for her to leave me alone. She looks at me for a while if she's waiting for me to say something more - probably yes to her "anti-jen" talk. But I better ignore the drama.

"Good night" she says quietly as she leaves.
Thank goodness. It's over.

I literally jump on my bed to lay on it with a very heavy sigh. I won't forget ever how long this night is. This is most toughest night of my life.

What should I do?
Should I worry about myself?
Should I worry about Jen?
Should I worry about my mother hating Jen?
Should I worry about me loving Jen?

I should better just sleep.

___________________________________

*The next day*

I am waiting for Jen to show up in the car. What's taking so long? Maybe she's nervous? I will ensure that nothing will happen to her if she's nervous.
I see a short white as pearl figure coming out from the gates of mansion's building. Lana is leading her way to my car. Jen is looking at her footsteps. As if she's counting them. She's not really looking nervous.

I can see her face - so empty,so emotionless. My heart stings like someone just pinned it down with thousand of needles. I don't want to see her emotionless. Take my hand in your hand Jen, come to my chest so I can hug to tell you that you are safe.

I can see the eyebags. She didn't sleep whole night. Why she's so careless about herself? Lana opens the door for her as she steps in

"Good morning" I try to act normal all she gives me back is a nod. She closes the car door and I hit the gas with frustration.

C'mon Jen, this is not you. Why are you losing hope? I'm here.

Oh does she trust me? I acted like a jerk to her since the very beginning. Even I treated her like an object how am I suppose to hope for a good response from her side?

I shouldn't be complaining about trust issues when it's my own fault.

I see other cars overtaking mine. It's my mother's and another is our relatives. We all are going towards depth of the jungle where ritual is going to happen. My mother is really happy. She constantly thanked Jen since this morning she woke up. She just couldn't control herself because she loves my father way too much.

She's just like Jen when it comes to my father, she can give her life for my father. I wished to have a girl just as careless as my mother is. And here she's sitting with me in my car-

Stop it Damian. Just stop it! Focus! You are going to revive your father! Don't think about Jen anymore!

I see to her side, she didn't look at me once since she's here, she just starred outside the car window to look outer view the whole ride. She doesn't want to interact with me I guess?

Well............. Should I start then?