chapter 70

*Damian's pov*

"I'm sorry mom, I couldn't do anything. I'm such a disappointment"

I say

She is already sobbing.

"No son, you're strong man, you gave us things beyond your limit. It's not your fault at all"

"Sorry mother, I've to bring Mrs Olivia tomorrow at your home. Also, I wasn't able to tell this to my father directly so I'll just hang up here. You'll be the one telling him this"

"I don't know why your father have to suffer in all this he's so innocent stop ruining his life!!" She yells in anger, sadness and confusion

I can tell she's so upset. Getting separated from a lover is something which is unbearable.

"Mom- please, father tricked us. He's not innocent"

"What do you mean , Damian?!" She's angry but she needs to know the whole truth. It'll make her hurt less if she knows that my father is not innocent. Though telling this - as a child separating my parents , telling them that they need to get over each other is worse than hell.

"He is overdue mother, he lived beyond his age on earth, he tricked while marrying you".

She yells a big "no" with so much agony, and I land on my knees with pain.

"I'm sorry" my voice cracks.

"Damian!" I hear an angelic voice, when everything went dark, a light comes in the room.

A soft hand touched my back and shakes me.

"Damian, please, stop this! stop being so tough! We can go through anything together"

It's Jen, she says this all in one breath. Though she should be resting, she's out from her bed. I need to get her rest well or else she'll ger sick again

"Jen, I'm fine you shouldn't be coming out from your bed"

"Don't lie! I heard everything! Why you lie?!" She says while crying.

Why is she crying?!

"Don't cry Jen please"

"Then stop hiding things"

Damn. I never knew she cared that much! I take her into my arms and kiss her forehead.

"Why do you care for me that much Jen?" I asked

And her voice comes out followed by a good 10 minutes of silence

"Because you are the only person I know in this whole world, no friends, no family , only you" her eyes are teary.

And then we just sit like that for few minutes. Until I dare to ask her things which were going inside my head

"What if I tell you, I want to be with you always?" My sentence fills the silent room, yet once again getting her attention from the lost World she always goes to whenever she's thinking nobody  knows what.

"I don't know" my hurt stings with her this sentence . She doesn't like me. It's so obvious.

"Why would you want to be with me forever?"

Well, that's a good question. Only if I could answer that. I hesitate even from admitting myself that I love her, how can I admit it to other person?

"I want to protect you"

"Why?" She asks again.

Why is she asking so much questions?!

"Because I want to" I say.
What else I can say?

"Then can you stop hiding things from me?" She says in a very light tone while looking at me with her gorgeous brown eyes which are now swollen due to crying.

"I am not hiding anything Jen"

"I know you are , I heard stuff"

I sigh deeply. If she really cares and I really want her to be with me , I should atleast give her a chance.

"My father has to go"

"But he just came back?" She raises her brows in confusion. I hold her face in my hands and go close to her.

"I'm sorry for whatever you've gone through my father Jen, I am equally at fault for making you suffer due to my father's sins. But I'll make sure , you'll be fixed completely . I will give you every happiness possible on this earth. Please give me a chance" I say this as clearly as I can. My heart is heavy due to fear of rejection. But all this time, I see her - she watches me say every word with utter attention

She is taking everything seriously and I love that. But I don't want her to go away from me she will  think that she's a bother on me. But that's not true at all.

She thinks and thinks and thinks. Like she's analysing something very complicated.

And finally she says

"Don't worry Damian, I'll be there when your father is gone. I'll support you" and those words are enough for me to make me stronger

Thank you, Jen.