Blunder of Life

Disha quickly wrapped up her work and took some for home as tomorrow is Saturday so she thought to finish some at home tomorrow. She went out of her office and was in a hurry to reach the bus stop to catch the bus to her home when she ran into Mukul.

"Hey, Are you in a hurry?" Mukul asked watching her leaving the office and looking at her watch.

"Yes, I have 5 minutes to catch the bus," Disha replied.

"Oh I never understood, even though you have your own car, why do you take the pain of traveling by bus?" Mukul asked her.

"Mukul, I have told you so many times, you have to travel once to know the experience. When I see different people from different walks of life traveling in a bus and hear their discussions and problems and see how they still remain positive and lively all along, it gives me new strength every day." Disha explained and looked at her watch again.

'I am going to miss this bus. The next bus is after an hour. God, I will be late, Mom will kill me with her eyes only' she thought.

"Looks like you won't be able to catch the bus. I can drop you home if that is okay with you." Mukul offered.

"Ummm... okay. But you have to come inside this time. Last 2 times you left from outside and Mom lectured me." Disha replied.

Mukul nodded with a smile and they both left the building together.

After about 15 minutes they reached the driveway to Disha's home. Mukul parked there and they both got down the car. Disha was about to knock the door when the door opened, her mom was standing in front of her smiling.

Dish's Mom: "I am so glad you came early as I asked. I love you beta. Oh, Mukul, you are here too, please come in."

Mukul: "Thanks, Auntie. How are you? Disha missed her bus so I came to drop her. I will be leaving quickly as I have to get somewhere."

Disha's Mom: " Thanks Beta for dropping her home. We are expecting some guests and that's why I asked her to come home early today."

Mukul: "No problem auntie. Disha is like a friend to me, it doesn't bother me to help her. Since you are expecting guests and I have a commitment for the evening, I will take your leave, Auntie."

Disha's Mom: "Okay Beta but please do come again another time so we can sit and chat together."

Disha's Mom was a woman who believed in treating her kids like friends but never failed to show authority as a mother when she felt the need. Disha and Nikhil loved their mom for being friendly and feared her when she turned into the dominating mother. None of them including their father can dare to not follow her orders when she acted as a mother.

That was one of the reasons Disha came home on time since her mother ordered her to. Disha went to her room to freshen up and change into more casual clothes since they were not going out. AS she entered her room, she opened her wardrobe to find a pair of casual clothes for herself when her mother entered her room.

Her mother had a sky blue Patiala Salwar suit with a matching dupatta/scarf in her hands. She handed it to Disha, asked her to wear it for the evening and left the room. Disha couldn't understand why she has to wear a traditional dress for a casual dinner at home. But she didn't dare to ask as today was one of the days when her mother completely turned her Mother mode on and turned off the friend mode.

After 10 minutes Disha came out of the bathroom changing into the salwar suit her mom gave her. She stood in front of the mirror of the dressing table and combed her hair when she heard the doorbell rang. Disha sighed as she knew it would be Shourya and his parents, soon she heard loud voices coming from downstairs and a smile appeared on her face as she recognized the voices and felt proud that her guess was right.