Mixed Feelings

Nikhil's POV:

Since the time they came back from Maldives, which is just more than an hour I could feel the difference in the way they looked at each other. I didn't see the usual hate or coldness rather they had warmth for each other.

Shourya looked at Di lovingly and dotingly and Di too reciprocated with her eyes and shyness. They didn't talk much with each other since our parents were leaving but the way they were glancing at each other in between spoke a lot.

I feel relieved, I want to appreciate Shourya on his stubbornness. Earlier he was stubborn on irritating my Di every day and now he was stubborn in making her happy and fall in love with her. By the looks of it I felt that he is already successful even though its not even a week they got married.

After dinner we were sitting on the terrace eating ice cream and casually chatting when I thought to talk to Di since I didn't when she agreed to get married to Shourya even though I wasn't happy with her decision.

"So Di, Are you happy?" I asked

"What do you think? Of course I am happy. Shourya is not exactly the way he portraits himself. He is actually nice and caring. I never thought I will see this side of his." Di replied, her eyes were warm.

" I can see your opinion about him is changing." I said expecting her to say more.

"Yes it is. Nikhil you know how I always expected our friendship to never be ruined, at least I am getting is back. He is trying his best and I can say he means every word he says to me." Di replied lost in her thoughts, though I couldn't connect the dots completely but I was sure that Shourya was keeping his promise he made to me before their wedding due to which I never stopped Di since I always liked him.

Though he was always like a big brother to me and now my Brother in law but he never liked me to treat him differently and rather liked being a friend to me, that is why I always called him Shourya.

"Wow Di, I never imagined you both will be close again like old days. I guess Shourya is keeping his promise well." I said smiling at her.

"Promise? What promise?" She asked furrowing her brows. Just then Shourya entered and sat beside me.

Di looked at him and then me then again him.

"What promise did you made? What is he talking about?" Di asked raising her brows.

"Ahem Ahem, okay don't get angry. Remember the day when our parents threw this marriage bomb on us. After we discussed and agreed to it that day, I saw Nikhil's expression which didn't look very happy with the decision. He was expecting one of us will deny considering our history. After that we both went to his room for a while." Shourya started narrating the incident and took a pause.

"That day Nikhil told me how you always missed our friendship and how thought its a bad idea for us to get married since it will bring you pain. That day I confessed about my feelings to him and promised him that I will take care of you always and bring back the friendship between us to keep you happy always. I knew that day what I felt about you and what you felt about me for all those years, that's when I promised myself to become a better person for you." Shourya finished with misty eyes but he closed his eyes so we don't see the tears in his eyes.

"Wow Di, you turned him into a majnu, what did you do to my non caring jiju?" I teased him to make the atmosphere light.

Di didn't say anything just stared at both of us and then suddenly she got up and left.

I and Shourya couldn't understand what happened and looked at each other questioning.

 Disha's POV:

I couldn't sit there after listening to Shourya. I was about to cry hearing to his words, I don't know why but I felt very emotional and angry at the same time. I should have been the first one to know about his feelings but no that idiot had to tell Nikhil first, on top of it that brat Nikhil kept it secret and never tell me. It felt like I am the only one to know things last be it my parents deciding about my marriage or my stupid husband realizing his feelings for me.

'Ugghh its so annoying.'

"Disha" Shourya called me as I plopped down on sofa in our room.

I ignored him. I was angry that these idiots never told me anything and treated me like some fairy tale princess who needs to be protected.

"Are you angry Dishu?" Shourya again asked.

"Di that's not fair, Jiju wanted to share this with you in a special way." Nikhil followed him in.

"Listen both of you, I get it and I don't want to talk to any of you so please stop it. You both tried ot keep secrets from me and I a not liking the fact. And since you both are so close now I am sure you don't mind sharing room too. I am very sleepy. Goodnight." With that I climbed on the bed and pulled covers to hide my face inside.

"Disha, baby please don't punish me like this." Shourya pleaded.

"Yeah Di please I cant sleep with your husband, what if he does something nasty to me imagining its you. Ewww yuck. I want to puke even with the thought of it. Di please save me." Nikhil mocked.

I bit my lips under the covers to stop myself from laughing and gave no response to any of them and after few minutes of pleading they left the room after getting no response from me.

I quickly got up from bed and locked the door as soon as they left.

I did a quick victory dance before jumping back in bed and drifting off to sleep.